Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new kid

:new: hi guys!
    it took me quite a while to figure this out, i'm very low tech! I have so many questions and need lots of help. i'll take whatever you can give me. I'm on week 4 of the topomax and so far nothing....still drinking.....no difference.....any advice?:new:

new kid

OH well, we are just FULL of knowledge and advise (shit) ...just kidding....you are in the right spot.....how many MG of topa are you on? How often do you take it? Are you taking the supps? Give us the low down so we can help. How much are you drinking each day? You trying to go AF or mods? Man, I am nosey!

Comment

new kid

Hi Lanie,
      It can all seem a little confusing to start with but you'll soon get the hang of it.
      Try and get the MWO book and read as many posts as you can
      Start off slow if you have to and set a drink free target that is slightly longer than your usual period.
      Lots of help and advice here.
      Enjoy the ride....

Comment

new kid

Hi Lanie....and a big fat bienvenue!!
        You cannot POSSIBLY be thicker than the Melon when it comes to technofings....It took me, and the long suffering Pansypie, about 2 months I think just to get my avatar up and running, and a further few weeks before I could biff in a smilie:H I am to computers wot Mother Theresa is to WWF.......Popeye is right, you will get the hang of it......

Not sure about your question re: the Topa, as I have never taken it, but it's not just a case of walloping down a few tablets and all being easy.....(I may not know about PCs, but 20 years of alcoholism has taught me something:H)...it really needs a very holistic approach, and that has to start with the mindset I reckon......(now, I am not lecturing, just passing on wot I have found helpful, after about 5,000 aborted attempts to stop drinking, and one successful one after the discovery of MWO)

It is great to take one day at a time, but you also need some sort of plan...I will join Luvalls nosy club and ask wot you are aiming for?? Is it abs or mods, or are you not sure yet...
        Keep reading the boards...especially the long term abs and mods boards, as they will give you some good stuff about tried and testeds from people who have been 'doing' this for a while....
        Feed your old bod well, and maybe see about taking other supps as well as the topa...have you tried the kudzu? I've heard that a lot of people have found that really helpful, and Campral is another med that has given folk a real boost to help their resolve along...
        You need to 'find the one that fits' as Determinator says...diff'rent strokes and all..... we all go better with slightly different programs for ourselves, and that's why MWO is such a goodie....there's PLENTY of stuff for you to try .....

You're here...and you're trying.....
        Be well Lanie....keep going bud :l
        Weemelon

Comment

new kid

Welcome aboard Lanie. You will find a lot of support and knowledge here. I think Luv is right though. nosey or not, we need to know where you are at if we are going to give much advice.
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

new kid

Hello Lanie and Welcome!!
            Topamax does seem to take a while to take effect and it does depend on the dosage that you are on etc. Are you also taking all the other meds and doing the cds, excercise etc?
            I know topa helps from my own experience. I know that when I did EVERYTHING TOGETHER it worked. But when I let bits and pieces start to slide, then eventually I slipped up. Whether or not I was intentionally setting myself up for a slip, I am not yet sure.
            Keep on checking in though and letting us know how you are getting on - no matter what your progress is.
            Take care.
            Amelia
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

new kid

Hey Lanie, welcome !! We're glad to be here for you.. You won't find any people more compassionate in the world.. ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

new kid

Welcome Lanie, you won the jackpot by finding this site.
                I sometime think this site has saved me from the mental hospital.
                Best of luck to you.
                MonaCat
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

new kid

Welcome!!

Hi,

I've only been here a few months and know that this site and all of the wonderful people here are helping to change my life.

I agree with what everyone has said, and I have just started Campral this week, and feel more positve for it. Everyone will laugh at me, but I've just achieved my lifelong dream of scuba diving thanks to the support and inspiration I've received from posting and being in contact with everone on this site.

Don't expect a miracle overnight cure, it don't believe it exists, but with determination, the love and support on this site, and the help of your doctor, the supps, and maybe medication if you want to go there, also I think the cd's have really helped me to relax and help me get past my mindsets, it's a complex problem, but while there is love there is hope! And love yourself first!!!!!

Lot's of love coming your way! Jasmin xx
                  :thanks: :h

Comment

new kid

Welcome Lanie,
                    Ask anything you like. Great support here.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                    X