Army Thread Sunday 11th May ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 11th May

Off to wash myself at least - and try look a bit presentable to my mother.
    She will still tell you when you are looking fat or bedraggled.
    Didn't wash the hair one time - thought I'd get away with it - she told me - without being asked -"don't like the hair it makes you look old" !!

No bleedin' wonder I'm mad :H

The comments of an old woman shouldn't matter but for some reason they do

Comment

She's your Mammy, Satz.
      My Granny was still buttoning up my 70 year old Aunt's coat last Winter and telling her to get her hand out of her pockets.

Hope you a marvellous lunch, Tips.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Roxx, just had a look at them recipes.............some of them are not bad at all.

Got a freezer full of frozen salmon fillets they were on offer.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

they do JC

im going to do the arugula one. minus the chickpeas. i dont have any.

Comment

I've got a tin here...............I'll nip round with it.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

thanks, i could get some from the shop i can see out of my window, but i would use a few and have nearly a whole tin left. i love all the pulses, food for one though guys remember, its a pain, really.

i need to write a list of stuff to make that i can freeze. never done before though so its a new change i have to make..............

if i can be bothered.

Comment

when are you going to waving your pink flag molly?

Comment

I throw most leftovers in the freezer...........funny thing is the only problem I've ever had was mashed potatoes.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

dog gets left over potatoes. but i never have any. they go green and sprout before i cook them

Comment

You can freeze chickpeas, Rox. Cooking for one is just the worst - big pots of soup for winter is one way of getting my seven a day, different matter in summer.

Potatoes in any form and all brassicas - no friends of the big freeze.
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

see ya there!

Comment

Since I'm a TV-less Luddite: this from the Grauniad on the Giro:
                          If anyone's still reading this from streetside, having recently been cycled past or preparing to be cycled past, are you finding this more exciting that Eurosport's commentators are? Because they're basically only a small step up from unconscious.
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Eurosport commentators comment for a minimum of 2 hours. Very knowledgable in a way that allows a newbie to understand without annoying the seasoned spectators.

Does this person want shouty, excitable and idiotic commentary? Unsustainable and unwatchable. They crank it up near the end though. They love the sport and I love them because of that!

Comment

Very late reporting for duty but I have a note:H

Interesting stuff about aging parents as I am preparing my kids for my dotage. I think I really shocked Molly's joe when I told him I had booked and paid for my funeral.
                              I had so much to do for my parents I want it sorted for my kids.

Starving here but people keep inviting me for meals so last night by coincidence it was Chic pea curry with coriander. Just the thing before a 10 k this morning:H

Comment

Afternoon all - hope were all having a nice relaxing Sunday
                                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Working...
                                X