Just one litte drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one litte drink

Please! Please! Please! Oh, how I want a little drink right now. I see how it works. Times get tough, and the tough want to drink. I know how negative this sounds, but it's the truth. I won't drink because so many people are depending on me right now, which in some ways makes it even harder. I know - I'm a cry-baby and I don't even like myself right now. But I'm tired. I'm very tired. Then I have to remind myself that my brother is fighting stage iv cancer. I bet he's very tired too. I know my parents are. We're all exhausted. I'm just venting, so please don't worry. I won't give in, but, oh...just one little drink...sounds like heaven and hell right now.

xx, MR

ps - obviously I can't spell
    Everything is going to be amazing

Just one litte drink

(((((MR))))) Hang tough!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Just one litte drink

Hang in there Mossie
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just one litte drink

((((((((((((MR)))))))))))))) That one little drink won't help anyone. It will just lead to more hurt. Hang in there and rant away. Ranting can help.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Just one litte drink

You don't want a drink, Moss, you just don't want to feel what you're feeling right now and that is totally normal. Terrible stuff is happening. One drink wouldn't even touch the pain you're in and you know it wouldn't be just one. You can't make all this go away but you can take some deep breaths and remember how you felt yesterday. It's good you expressed how you're feeling here - so much better than futilely trying to drown them out.

I hope you can find some peace and are able to rest. xx- NS

Comment

Just one litte drink

MR, we don't take little drinks. Hang in there!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Just one litte drink

Mossy
              there's no such thing as one little drink. It is one continuous drink, think about it long and hard!!
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Just one litte drink

Mossrose my heart goes out to you. Tired is very defeating. But you are a very strong woman. Imagine we are all with you giving you a piece of ourselves. Remember all the trials others have faced that you have read about here. Draw strength from the group.
                That's what I do when I am in a tight spot.
                :l:l
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Just one litte drink

:lMoss, can you give yourself something special? What is something special that makes you feel really good? An outfit, a pair of shoes, a banana split? A hug? A nap? Here's a hug from me.:l and some love :h
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Just one litte drink

Sorry I didn't post again last night. I did what I always do when I feel an intense craving, I went to bed and watched TV. That's my "safe" place. I don't associate the bedroom with drinking so it's an anti-trigger for me. I'm fine this morning, just a bit rattled. I really thought things would be so much easier now. It's not just my brother's illness. Of course, I'm concerned about him, but a plan is in place and it's one day at a time. He's actually in good spirits.

This is something else. I feel emotionally overwhelmed right now...the good, and the bad...if that makes sense. I don't know what to do with these feelings. Nothing seems to help. I find myself overreacting on a frequent basis...either too happy, too angry, or too sad. Never in the middle. I don't know, maybe it's time to get on some meds. I just don't want to feel this way anymore.

It's been a year since I joined MWO and in that time, I have experience the highest joy imaginable. But, I can't seem to sustain a positive attitude. Funny things is that I have always been an optimistic person, even during my drinking years. So feeling this negative about things is new to me. I know I should be happy, but I've never been this down in my life. Sometimes there's a reason, sometimes there isn't. That's the scary part. Maybe the loneliness is finally getting to me. Or maybe I really did believe that giving up AL would miraculously change everything. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Anyway, that's why I don't post much these days. Take care everyone. I'm lurking around and draw inspiration from all of your posts.
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Just one litte drink

Good Job Mossy. A lot of are really fragile and on an emotional seesaw when newly sober. Love and hugs to your brother and your family
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Just one litte drink

Hi Moss Rose

When you feel good and bad emotions you might try to stay still and let them pass through you as quickly or as slowly as they choose. Sounds crazy but I do it all the time and it works. It's like my soul asks me "What is it you are feeling right now?" and I 'listen' to my body and heart as it is breaking or filling with joy. I allow myself to be taken with the waves of emotion and flung about for a while in the sea of 'feeling' then it seems to pass.

We are all in this together and life can be awful or joyful. What is, just is.
                        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Just one litte drink

MR, the discomfort you are feeling is GROWTH!
                          I believe when we start to abuse AL, our emotional maturity comes to a grinding halt. So over the years, when the going gets tough, we turn to booze to cope. When we stop drinking, these new emothions are hard to manage and it's uncomfortable, and yes, sometimes, painful....but this is exactly how we grow! Sorting thru these feelings is important, please don't turn to the meds yet! Give TIME time to work! We are an impatient lot! We didn't get here overnight, and we don't get out of it overnight. Please hang in there...fight thru the feelings and emotions...FEEL them, sort thru them and you will be so glad you did. You are supposed to be sad at your brother's situation, not numbed up on meds! This is all part of the growth process! It's like growing pains. Hang in there, it will get better! XXOO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just one litte drink

Mossie -
                            Hang in there...I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes "unhappiness" just hits me like a ton of bricks, but if I think it through, things are never as bad as I am making them out to be. A lot of times its me looking for an "excuse" to give back in to the Beast. But we can both beat this, we are stronger than we realize. And Byrdie is right (as usual). Discomfort comes with change. I used to do an exercise video led by Jillian Michaels and she always said "Don't give up when it gets hard because that's when your body is starting to change"...same thing for our emotions. We can push through this. Good job on not drinking. Each little battle you win makes you stronger. Stay close to us. Sending you good thoughts your way :l
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Just one litte drink

MossRose, I did used to think that drinking made me feel happy. I think it just numbed and hid all my emotions. I experience real life now, the good and the ugly. But reality is much better than a fog.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X