Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry

I have found myself very angry the past week due to home matters. I'm not here to vent about them. I need your help. I am faced with difficult times ahead. I know I am going to be very angry sometimes.
    Here is what I am asking.
    what do you do when you are angry?
    Do you know any good jokes. Laughter has gotten me through some difficult situations in the past and I plan to use it as much as possible in this case.
    Any helpful advice?
    Any supplements?
    Thanks everyone.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Angry

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4&list=PL30BFB50685A0252B
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Angry

Things You?ll Never Hear A Woman Say Joke - Dirty Jokes
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Angry

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTm4aQY5uxY

Comment

Angry

Stress relievers I like:

Walk, walk, walk. No other people or music. A dog is good.
          Long hot Epsom salt bath.
          Hypnosis app (30 minutes or longer).
          Hard yard work with music I like blaring.
          Sitting outside in the dark petting the dog.
          Repetitive task or craft.

Take care of yourself, LB. xx- NS

j-vo, the boy in the video is adorable!

Comment

Angry

:lWhat do I do when I'm angry? I used to drink. Then again, I used to drink when I was happy. So that definitely cancels each out. I try to calm my mind down now. Use deep breathing. 10 breaths in through my nose, and slower out through mouth. Calm app. It's free. It has all kinds of relaxing sounds like the beach, rain, waves, and anything to calm yourself down. Go for a walk? Work in your garden? Talk to someone? Call someone? You have my number! Hugs def. work for me. So I'm sending some your way LB.:l:h

Comment

Angry

Gym to sweat and beat up the treaddie...
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Angry

Im sorry you are going thru a tough patch.
                I got so angry last week at a coworker I started crying. It was nuts! I was so dam mad! I had to get up and take a smoke break....and I dont smoke! I imagine smoke coming out of my ears! I get up and walk outside a minute, I literally remove myself from the situation. After a few minutes I can generally sit back down and carry on. I think about Oliver Douglas on that old show, Green Acres, remember he was the only one with good sense and everyone else was bonkers? I get so frustrated sometimes at work I could scream. Getting up like that and walking around a minute works wonders. I TRY NOT to speak or write, out of anger! Good luck to you!! Xxoo, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Angry

LB
                  hope you're doing better. I have found doing youtubes of old cartoons:

http://youtu.be/r1Y2wHMbd_4[/video]]The Wacky Wabbit (1942) - Looney Tunes - YouTube
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Angry

HI, LB:

Good on you to post here, and sorry about what's going on.

I have to concur with the walk/exercise/sweat folks. I also like loud music in my car while I'm driving (although driving too angry can't be good).

I write about it, too, and somehow that helps get it out.

Punch pillows! Swear! Learn to box!

xo
                    Pav

Comment

Angry

There is a kickboxing studio across the street from me.
                      I have begun writing. That did seem to help.
                      Thanks for the input.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Angry

Kickboxing sounds so cathartic. Let us know if it helps. Writing, gardening, cleaning (sounds crazy, but somehow it helps to organize things especially when other parts of my life are in chaos). Hang in there LB. Sending hugs your way.
                        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Angry

lb,

One of the most important things I've learned is that people do what they do because that's who they are. It's truly not personal. I used to let people walk all over me. When I started stating my feelings and setting my boundaries a lot of my anger and frustration disappeared. These people moved on to someone else who allowed them to continue their behavior. I don't know if this makes sense. I just know I feel so much better about myself.

You've been given great advice. I used to kickbox and it's an excellent anger reliever. Good luck.

Comment

Angry

Remember The Four Agreements.
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Angry

little beagle;1660524 wrote: There is a kickboxing studio across the street from me.
                              Yes!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X