Army Thread Tuesday 13th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JackieClaire;1660707 wrote: Rant alert..............we're not getting any from Pets at Home. Apparently to buy 2 goldfish @?1.49 each we will need a water filter (?35.00)..........replacement filters every 4-6 weeks (didn't look at the price) given up the ghost by then...............oh and some kind of tablets to get rid of the chlorine in the water.

Now riddle me this we have kept goldfish for nigh on 30 years ..................2 of them living 'til 10+ years, a couple 5-6 years + a few in between and one who lasted a day (that was Dave........RIP.......so young but sadly missed) why the feck would we need all of the above when a bloody good clean of the tank once a fortnight, a gravelly bottom, a wee bridge to swim through has done us until now.

Rant over.....
    Is the purchase of the fish conditional on you paying for the other shite too?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:hallo: UKB
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1660709 wrote: Sorry about that Tips, was having a rant when we cross posted. Bless her heart...........all she blooming needs...........you're a good man you know.:l
        I don't feel Particularly noble. Hugely reluctant, but no other choice.

Och well... Everything will sort itself out in time. No need to get overly emotional about it.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1660713 wrote: Is the purchase of the fish conditional on you paying for the other shite too?
          Indeed it is......it is their 'policy' not to sell their fish unless we already have the shite at home (do you think they expect a signed and witnessed affidavit) or willing to give them our first born child in exchange for all the shite.

Caught us on the hop..........we should have lied.

But we know for the next time.

And a wave to a very tired YouKayBee.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:waving: Army, hallo Bandit, nice having you with us

Tips, good on making sure your mum doesn't get bullied.

Condolences Molly - sure she's not doing a Doreen on us?

Fed and watered and almost ready for bed.
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Hope Bandit comes back and tells us all about what's been going on.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yo Molls.

Ahh dead pleased you had a good meeting.

Must have missed the donkey story or haven't heard it...............got a memory like a sieve.

Honestly I felt like we were being called bad parents....................note to self................let it go.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

what's happening kids ?

Comment

mollyka;1660754 wrote: ahh -- I'll regale you with the donkey story some night we're bored ---- hiya Benj --- I'm almost goin to bed here ---- deffo let the 'nanny state' goldfish people go --- they are ARSEHOLES ---- imvvvvvvvvho
                    They probably heard about about Doreen :egad:
                    :H

Comment

mollyka;1660754 wrote: ahh -- I'll regale you with the donkey story some night we're bored ---- hiya Benj --- I'm almost goin to bed here ---- deffo let the 'nanny state' goldfish people go --- they are ARSEHOLES ---- imvvvvvvvvho
                      oooh please do........understand if its not tonight.

Think its because they're a huge chain. There's a wee pet shop up from the orifice we'll go there ..............rather a local place got our business.

satz123;1660758 wrote:
                      They probably heard about about Doreen :egad:
                      :H
                      She was mentioned.:H
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all who was Doreen? off to bed shortly too but will watch tv until I feel ready to sleep not tired enough to drop off yet. Good to hear you also had a good AA meeting tonight Molly they always give you something to think about and take away with you. Always to listen to others stories and experiences.
                        If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

Nite Molly.
                          If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

JackieClaire;1660760 wrote: oooh please do........understand if its not tonight.

Think its because they're a huge chain. There's a wee pet shop up from the orifice we'll go there ..............rather a local place got our business.

She was mentioned.:H
                            Moving from shop to shop eh ???
                            Will you wear balaclavas - not to be recognized :H:H

--- ok now I'm delirious - off to the leaba with me
                            Night :hiya:

Comment

Doreen was my 10 year old goldfish who died a few weeks ago, Foxxxxy.

Nighty night Molls, Satz, Foxxy and anyone else having a lurk..........I'm off to watch some CSI type stuff.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all :hallo:

Not much to say other than I'm bollixed and wanna cry at thought of going back for more mental-ness again tomorrow:upset:

Didn't mention before but, we, as in hundreds if not thousands of nurses in my trust, were underpaid by massive amounts last month, like I'm short between ?500-600. Big amount when ye have a mortgage and other bills to pay and only one salary coming into house. Arseholes in salaries and wages have still not sorted it out and it's getting to stage of pure helplessness:upset: Just dunno where or who to turn to for help. Unions are being useless- media did cover story at time but no mention since- I dunno what we can do Like is it legal to underpay staff and not rectify it within a certain time?? Maybe ye would know Satz?

Just needed to get it off me chest as it's really starting to wear me and many others down. Thankfully have some savings to fall back on but there is talk it will happen again next month and if that's the case- I dunno what the feck will do.

Jacks that's just bollix about the goldfish! Better you give yer custom to the wee local petshop anyways

Sorry bout yer chook Molls xx RIP Clarissa x

Good on ya for going to the meeting Foxy xx

Nighters all xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X