MyWayOut -New Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyWayOut -New Format

It appears that My Way Out has found a new source of revenue to help keep the site funded.

At first, I thought my computer was infected but then I just took a guess that MWO is now creating a link to recovery site to increase revenues. In MWO, it appears that they are creating links with words that you use in a post. The good thing that I found was the fact that the link only applies to you while you are writing the post. I sure hope this remains the same.

The links to words in your posts appears to be random. I certainly don't think that I blame my way out for trying to gain additional revenues. I further believe that the owners probably chose the least intrusive marketing efforts to achieve the maximum revenue. Only time will tell. Much more of this type marketing and it may become too cumbersome for me to continue with this site.

EDIT:
    Rut-ro: They are embedding the marketing links into the posts. And I am also somehow having advertising sites open -seems randomly.

Ok, this activity will now probably minimize my activity on this site -probably to just some random reading on occasion.

MyWayOut -New Format

I see no changes Spirit

Comment

MyWayOut -New Format

About a year ago, this happened to me on here.....others didn't seem to be affected. Gave me a fright and I deleted a lot of posts......mine is fine now though. Certain words were showing up in red......
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

MyWayOut -New Format

Wow. Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know how I can start to correct this problem? This is a mess on my computer. I thought I had the latest anti-virus/malware software???

Comment

MyWayOut -New Format

I got them too, Daisy, but mine were blue.

Spirit, I think they're called add-ons .......... don't quote me I'm not a computer expert......depending on which browser you use..Firefox, Windows whichever have a google and they'll tell you how to get rid of them. Drove me round the twist at the time.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

MyWayOut -New Format

I did have that happen on my computer a couple years ago and had to uninstall a program that somehow got on there! Jackie's "add-on" reminded me. If you go look at your program list, Spirit, I bet you'll find one you don't want.

Comment

Working...
            X