Army thread Wednesday 14 May

Thought I heard snoring.

Can't believe its a full moon again.

Must go and eat something.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1660947 wrote: Ken was my Dad's name.........he was an alcoholic and was sober for way over 25 years when he died.
      Hi JC, i hope my Dad can follow in yours. He is over 3 yrs sober now and in his mid 60s.
      He would be dead now if he didnt stop when he did. I guess you were both close .
      I am now seeing my Dad for he really is.

Hi Satz,
      I am taking all your advice and am sure we will be fine on our holliers.
      Actually looking forward to reading the MWO book.

Ken

Comment

Evening didn't know it was a full moon I never check these things. Don't think it affects me. Just flicking channels here trying to find something interesting to watch. Now I have on homes under the hammer. Feeling tired but I know I won't sleep if I go to bed now.:television:out:
        If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

Evening Ken.
          If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

hi all and nite all
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Nite dreamy.

Comment

Howya Foxy , hope you are well. You are among a good lot here.
                Are you off the booze long ? You ll get great support from everyone here.

Hi rox, well done on racking up your sober days. I know how hard the first few weeks can be. You are doing great. Keep posting , especially when u are struggling.

Goodnight all,

Kicking Ken
                X

Comment

Hi Ken I've been on the army tread for a good while and post almost daily. Did have some problems when I lost my password so I had to rejoin and change my name to a shorter version. I've stuggling with booze for too long and I have had many slipups. Its day 8 again as I caved in over the bank holiday weekend due to influences I should not have been around. Long story any way i'm going back to AA meetings and keeping busy and watching more carefully for triggers. Its tough like Roxy I live on my own but I never give up. Good to see you doing so well again Ken.

Comment

Good night Ken and everyone else.

Comment

Never give up Foxy , and AA , i think is great added support.
                      I am thinking of going to some meetings myself if I continue to struggle.

Goodnight and take care

Ken x

Comment

Night all :hiya:
                        Foxy you missed Masterchef ! - t'was great.

Comment

Kicking Ken;1661163 wrote: Never give up Foxy , and AA , i think is great added support.
                          I am thinking of going to some meetings myself if I continue to struggle.

Goodnight and take care

Ken x
                          Is your wife and family supportive Ken ? - or will going to AA be the thing that finally confirms it ?
                          Have you read Allen Carr's book? I've been reading that and it does help.
                          Quite comforting .

Comment

Hi Satz I read both Alan Carr and Jason vale's books and they did help at the time so I might order either one again at the library. Thanks Ken I wish you well too. does your wife drink and is she supportive in your errofts to quit? I wish you all the best and a good sober holiday and you too Satz.

Comment

Hiya Satz,
                              Love allen Carrs method , he helped me quit smoking 10 yrs ago and have his drinking book also.
                              Also read Jason Vales among others.
                              My wife is quite supportive , my sons are 22 and 14 and dont really know of my problems.
                              Although they see a difference in me when sober.
                              I went to AA during my last serious abstinence ( i was sober for almost a yr about 2 years ago ) .
                              I haven been this time around but considering it.
                              I ll take any support going.

How are you doing ? Are you confident in staying AF ?
                              You seem strong

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X