Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Saturday

i need to do something. i said NEED!

one thing i do need to do is learn how to relax grrrrrr.

i did yoga in my teens but i have somehow trapped a nerve in my left arm after years of having a dodgy right one, so thats out.

Comment

Army thread Saturday

roxane;1661940 wrote: i need to do something. i said NEED!

one thing i do need to do is learn how to relax grrrrrr.

i did yoga in my teens but i have somehow trapped a nerve in my left arm after years of having a dodgy right one, so thats out.
      Yeah - I know what you mean Rox.
      Alcohol was a BIG thing to help me relax & unwind.
      Again I'll preach about magnesium and it's relaxing properties.
      I think I found it and then stopping the alcohol was somehow made easier.
      I'm relaxed now to the verge of coma :H
      That is why I am scared of holidays -I get kinda wound up & hyperish !!and relax only with a drink :egad:

Comment

Army thread Saturday

now I've a sore big toe :upset:

Comment

Army thread Saturday

ok, will look again about magnesium. coma-like relaxation sounds good to me atm, i am so fidgety. in mind and body.

sore toe? you got gout?

runs screaming for the hills arms flailing

Comment

Army thread Saturday

roxane;1661947 wrote: ok, will look again about magnesium. coma-like relaxation sounds good to me atm, i am so fidgety. in mind and body.

sore toe? you got gout?

runs screaming for the hills arms flailing
            No - cut the dodgy big toe nail a bit too short I think.
            It's a bit weird at best of times - maybe it's ingrowing:egad:

Have you ever run Rox?

Bought a book about starting to run. I fucking hate running - but this is a funny one about how she started running around the block.

Says it is THE best thing for emotional release & mental skittishness & fidgetyness (?)

Picture the scene - reading it lying in bed:H ( with my trainers on )

Comment

Army thread Saturday

Where's the Molly wan ?
              Want to ask her what to do about DD who on the way out the door last night TOLD me to have a drink on our upcoming holiday - I said no I won't.
              "sure you'll be grand - I'll support you whatever you decide" - Mr S agreed - I think they PREFER me when I join in and have a 'few' drinks - not the dodgy strange one having water :egad:

What hope have I got - when I'm already worried about it and now this :upset:

Comment

Army thread Saturday

Ok no-one around it seems
                - off to look at what I can wear on me holliers !!

Comment

Army thread Saturday

im here im here!

was just reading vegans back posts.

i dont have any wisdom apart from wanting to slap them, in a nice way. then say to you that they really dont get it, how can they? not their fault.
                  they dont want you back to drinking how you were. the memories of it fade for them too no doubt. they think maybe you want to and feel you want their permission to 'have a good time'.

you are thinking they think youre the dodgy one drinking water, are you sure they really are thinking that?

yes, i used to run when i was at school. havent for over 35 years though. my tits are too big now. thats my excuse anyway. i do a lot of walking with dog though, not ambling along either.

Comment

Army thread Saturday

well, on that load of bollix, im off to walk dog before it gets too hot.

Comment

Army thread Saturday

Ello, not read the thread because I have some reading to do and notes to make......but I'm here, interesting day ahead. Study, bit of 'up towness' then comedy show this evening with MR YKB.
                      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Army thread Saturday

Good Morning, Army!

5:33 AM here in Wisconsin. Just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm still alive.

Satz:l I echo what Rox said about your drinking buddies and especially, the DD:
                        they dont want you back to drinking how you were. the memories of it fade for them too no doubt. they think maybe you want to and feel you want their permission to 'have a good time'.

you are thinking they think you're the dodgy one drinking water, are you sure they really are thinking that?
                        Satz, here's my two pence...since I used to be one of those drink pushers a long time ago. They probably feel guilty drinking, thinking that you are not having a good time since you're drinking water. When my family was pressuring me to go to rehab, and I did NOT want to go, I decided to placate them and see an addiction therapist...just so they would get off my back. I wasn't at all committed to being AF and I couldn't imagine family gatherings where everyone was drinking champagne and I was drinking club soda. My mindset then was that I was being punished, deprived. They could enjoy their champagne and I couldn't. One thing the therapist said has stuck with me..."it's not what's in your glass, it's the company you're with." If you're having a good time with someone, what's in the glass won't matter. Just a thought.

I'm off to the gym so I all hope my Army buddies are having a lovely day.:h

Comment

Army thread Saturday

Thanks Rox :l not a load of bollox at all - wise words.

And you too Rustylocks :l

- and not sure why I am thinking this way. I think I'm tired really of putting on a show of having to REALLY ENJOY myself alcohol free .....
                          I will once again put on my :grannypants: and face the world.... :sigh:

Thanks to you both ...:h
                          Off out to the sun to read how SHITE alcohol is a la Mr Carr !!

Comment

Army thread Saturday

When I went away last year I hid my Allan Carr book so the person looking after my house wouldn't find it. You never know how nosey people might be. Yep, can't remember where I hid it :H

Comment

Army thread Saturday

Go to Amazon -buy another ?
                              KK recommends his other book 'No more hangovers' - more concise & to the point !

The book about the running is very funny too. Kinda Bridget Jones style.
                              'Course she's only 30 bit hard to make comparisons .

Wonder would Ma A write a book to inspire me - she was a late starter :thumbs:
                              eh ? Ms A - whatya say ?

Comment

Army thread Saturday

satz123;1661989 wrote: Go to Amazon -buy another ?
                                KK recommends his other book 'No more hangovers' - more concise & to the point !

The book about the running is very funny too. Kinda Bridget Jones style.
                                'Course she's only 30 bit hard to make comparisons .

Wonder would Ma A write a book to inspire me - she was a late starter :thumbs:
                                eh ? Ms A - whatya say ?
                                Howyiz,

I believe "run fat bitch run" is a great read.
                                Self help running book, i think for the ladies. It gets great reviews.

Flying visit , have a great day all

Kk

Comment

Working...
                                X