Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a whole year sober!!

Hi all,
    Just wanted to check in and say i have been sober for a whole year today!!!!
    I feel so ecstatic!! Just wanted to shout it from the roof tops!!!! A whole year......wow! I couldn't even go one day at times. This website has saved my life. I'm very much a lurker but i still even now check in every day. I'm quite shy so i don't post often. However reading all the posts has got me thru a whole year. That and total grit and determination. I have lost so much weight about 3 and a half stone ( 49 lbs). I seem to be able to eat loads now aswell and not put any weight back on. In my drinking days i used to balloon like a bloated pig. My BP has come right down. It was DANGEROUSLY high!
    Well i feel amazing. If u are out there struggling. Please believe me when i say it is so worth being sober. It took me about 4 mths to really see the benefits. That isn't bad considering i'd been drinking for 25 yrs! What is 4 mths in your lifetime? I promise u will start to look and feel great. Your body has to detox and repair for a while first.
    It is a gorgeous warm day here in the UK. It is 10.15am and i am going out walking with my dog thru the woods. A year ago on a saturday i wouldn't have gotten of the bed all day. I would lay there. Sweating, head pounding, wretching. Anxiety off the scale. When people ask if i'm bored from not drinking i say "it's far more boring to lay on a bed all day in agony and anxiety. It would be even more boring being hospitalised and it would be very boring to be dead".
    So thanku to u all even if u don't know that u help me. U do!!!!! :thanks:
    Xxx

a whole year sober!!

What a great achievement, stay at it, I can make more Stars!!
    Attached files [img]/converted_files/2323341=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Oh vegan what an excellent post. Congratulations on a year and dont ever wipe that smile off your face. Even lurking is good if you suceed. I totally agree if not for mwo i would not be nearly 6 months and i cant wait for a year. Life is so much better alive and involved than sick or dead. i too never want to suffer another hangover as long as i live.

So very very pleased for your year of sobriety. Congratulations again. Even if you lurk you deserve all the accolades from mwo. xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

a whole year sober!!

i just read your posts vegan and though you havent posted much, what you have posted are very important to the likes of us in MWO.

massive congratulations!

your posts about being the last of your friends alive is so sad but a valuable lesson.

thank you for posting on your year anniversary :h

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Vegan, soooooo well done you! It is so encouraging for all of us starting out to hear the joy and happiness that sobriety clearly brings!
          We have the sane avatar - taking that as a sign - this time next year!
          Enjoy every minute of today and every day from here on........you so deserve this !
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Thanks guys
            Can't stop grinning today! I did have a few tears earlier but they were tears of happiness.
            :h :h :h :h :h

Comment

a whole year sober!!

I love your post. It's so true. Laying in bed feeling like crap time after time is SO much more boring then not drinking al. You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing that with us.
              :wave:
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Wow, one year alcohol free. It is so encouraging that you said after four months you noticed big improvements. That gives me something to look forward to. You rock!! A whole new world that you can see clearly awaits!
                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

a whole year sober!!

CONGRATS to you Vegan!
                  Wonderful that you are feeling much healthier as well

Keep up the great work!
                  Wishing you continued success.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Congratulations, Vegan! It is such a better way to live, isn't it?

We don't know much about how people who don't post much succeed (because they don't post much !).

Did you follow specific threads or people? Or do you just check in, read a bit, and sort of reset your AF intention?

There really are many ways out - so happy for you that you found yours! :h NS

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Gosh, I remember when you started, someone PM'd me to give you a hat for 30 days!! 11 months later, it is my distinct pleasure to award these:

:grannypants:

Yes, your Big Girl Panties! These are for keeping your knickers from getting in a twist when a craving hits. They represent full coverage of your control when going out with friends and being the only one that doesn't drink. They signify your being YOUR own woman and doing whatever it takes to gets the job done, fashionable or not!!!

Well done, Vegan! We are so proud of you!!!! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Big congratulations.
                        Brilliant post. You may not realise, but it really helps to read these messages.
                        It will help me today.

Well done again.

Ken

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Vegan - so happy for you - you sound wonderful and thank you for sharing with us!!

I hope to be in the same position in a little more than 9 months!

Congratulations!!!!!

:yay:

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Thanku again
                            No Sugar.... I have followed so many people on here. Too many to name really. I always look out for Mauritious and was glad to see her back today Reading K9 Lover helped a lot cos she has abstained for a long time. SunshineGG too. Like I say there has been a lot of people I have followed. We've lost a lot of people too I've been coming on here for 8 years and it's taken all this time for something to finally click. Old friends dying hit me hard. All drink and drug related. This website with all it's stories has most definitely kept me going tho. Everytime I hit a craving I logged on here. It's invaluable
                            I have finally found being sober is just second nature. That is what I dreamed of. Where it is just a natural way to live. I remember when I turned vegan 10 years ago it was always on my mind when I went out or went to someone's house for a meal. I felt like I was gonna be the odd one out or look strange. Now I don't even think about it. It is who I am and a part of me. The same when I stopped smoking. It consumed me but now I never think about it. I have finally got that with alcohol. I don't drink. I can't drink and that is also who I am x

Comment

a whole year sober!!

Congratulations on this life-changing achievement. Life only continues to get better and better.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X