attention issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attention issues

I have been having a lot of issues lately staying on track with things I need to be doing, especially at work. I am in a management position so it is up to me to make things happen - right now we are at a bit of an 'in between' place and maybe that's why I feel this way but lately I'm feeling unproductive and like I can't concentrate on getting anything done.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem - it's probably entirely unrelated to not drinking (and I admit that me concentrating so much on staying AF has also been a distraction - a good one, but a distraction nonetheless) - but I just need to snap out of it and get to work! It occurred to me today to post here since everyone here tends to have such good advice and thoughts on these types of things.

Suggestions anyone?

attention issues

How long have you been feeling this way? Is this just at work or around the house too?
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

attention issues

Make a list- give each project a deadkine - hopefully the relief you get from one job done will give you encouragement to plough ahead with the next.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

attention issues

Have you stopped or started any meds recently? At one point, I began taking Lyrica, and I swear, all I wanted to do was stare out the window! NO concentration. It was freaky.

In my AF journey, I have had periods of flaky-ness, (like things just didn't quite connect) but they were short lived, mostly I have felt pretty sharp and on top of my game. I hope you can get to the bottom of this, tho. Hugs, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

attention issues

I feel like this comes and goes for me too...I go through long periods of being ON TOP of everything...then I can have a week or so of not caring and like Byrdie said, just wanting to stare at the wall.

I think it's pretty normal as your brain/body adjust to being alcohol free. We poisoned ourselves for years...could take a while to clear out. Just be patient...that's my only advice, wish I had more for ya!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

attention issues

I thought i had alzheimers at one stage, just could not take anything in and lasted for a week and a bit, then i snapped out of it. I still have foggy days sometimes and yep as K9 and Byrd say i could just stare at a wall for a fortnight if given the chance.

I think our brains were used to living in that fog and it takes time to get out of it.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

attention issues

I take an anti-depressant that can make me foggy
              LISTS save me every day!
              Good luck!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

attention issues

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I like the idea of lists - seems obvious, I know! I have never been a list person but I think it is time for me to start! It will feel good to get things done and check them off and should help me get and stay focused. I am on no meds and to answer Orimus, I am this way at home too lately. I'm sure I will be fine hopefully I will snap out of this soon.

Comment

attention issues

Hi Frances, a few things I might try:

Enough sleep?
                  Fish oil-supposed to be good for the brain.
                  Staying hydrated.
                  Green tea-is good for concentration in my experience.

When I have an issue like that it is usually related to my overall condition. How's your diet? Good luck!
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                  X