3 years sober for DriftyAlison0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant to do this post on the 21st but it slipped by me and I realized yesterday that I forgot to celebrate my 3rd year of being sober on the 21st. I want to thank everyone for their help. Without God and MWO I highly doubt that I would be sober for 3 years today.

For the people who are new and/or is struggling, hang in there. It takes work, but the work to remain sober is well worth the work. I don't miss the regrets or the hangovers. I don't regret not drinking last night. I love the morning afters now knowing that I am not hungover and can enjoy the day. I pray that everyone here will achieve their goals.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Congratulations Drifty!!!! That's a huge accomplishment, and to know it can be done and well-worth the work is necessary for all newbies. Thank you.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Drifty - GREAT JOB!!!! So very happy for you. :h Thanks for the encouragement.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Drifty,

You are one amazing woman to have been as strong as you have been.

3 years is awesome and such a inspiration to us all.

Much love Flossie xx
        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Inspirational! Well done!
          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Congratulations! Thanks for sticking around and showing us that this really can be done and maintained .

Comment

Congratulations Drifty! 3 years is awesome! X

Comment

Drifty, you have been such a steady force around here as long as I can remember! 3 years is outstanding, we are practically quit mates! I hope you are enjoying your accomplishment! Here's a little something on behalf of the newbies nest,
                :gramps:

You may be young in years, but you are an old timer around here! Keep up the great work and support you provide here! MWO is a better place because of you!! Xxoo, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Drifty a big congratulations on 3 years, that is one hell of an achievement. We are walking right behind you in this af life.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Drifty...this is just marvelous! You've been such a great inspiration around these parts....makes us proud!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

drifty ...well done you on 3 years..gotta agree with you the support on here is ace..you just have to let it work...well done you:goodjob:
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your accomplishment and your wisdom. We're right behind you.

Comment

Well done!!!!!!!! xxxx

Comment

Wow!! what a great thing to have, sobriety, and for 3 years!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good for you Allison! You have been a solid, sensible, caring and giving person here - a valuable influence. Job well done!!
                              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                              Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                              X