Army Thread Wednesday 28th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Satz and thanks. Yeah I think I will have to give the antibuse another try and get another plan together. May b a new hobby rather than just watching tv at night and spending too much time on the internet specially fb but I have cut back on the time lately. That sounds like a nice af drink to try. I usually put lemon slices in fizzy water but the lime and fresh mint sounds so refreshing. Well done on not drinking on holiday that's a tricky one for me but can be overcome.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

Foxy;1665559 wrote: Hi Satz and thanks. Yeah I think I will have to give the antibuse another try and get another plan together. May b a new hobby rather than just watching tv at night and spending too much time on the internet specially fb but I have cut back on the time lately. That sounds like a nice af drink to try. I usually put lemon slices in fizzy water but the lime and fresh mint sounds so refreshing. Well done on not drinking on holiday that's a tricky one for me but can be overcome.

My next holiday is the real test - with my sister-in-feckin-law , husband & brother-in-law :upset:
      All big drinkers - ( well SHE is )!
      But now I'm thinking - so what - Satz you DON'T have to do what they do
      - do the opposite - and really annoy them :H:H ( evil laugh)

I'll tell you I felt SO virtious - and this is funny :
      My mother is 84- she drinks a rum 3 times a year maybe - she piped up " I'm not drinking either "
      " Can't be too careful - my mother was an alcoholic you know - or very close to it "

LOL :H:H

My sister ACTUALLY tried to persuade her a few times - imagine ??

Comment

mollyka;1665565 wrote: Do you not remember doing the 'recruitment drive' for drinkers to keep us company -- and the feelings of suspicion towards the ones who don't? I remember being in a blokes company YEARS ago --- long before I was drinking 'problematically' - and he was drinking pint for pint with all the lads --- I happened to be at the bar at the end of the night when he was ordering a drink and I heard him asking for a pint of shandy --- jesus --- I felt like he'd been 'cheating' nearly...... like WHAT IS THAT ABOUT????
        LOL :H:H
        I feel like a reformed smoker now - blowing my own trumpet ! But .......... I'm also EVIL in the smugness I felt :H
        I posted this elsewhere & brought it over for KK:
        I'm grateful I listened to all the wise folks on MWO - and made a choice NOT to drink on my holiday.
        Woke each morning - full of the prospects for the day - instead of wondering whether someone would suggest a beer early on in the day .
        Knowing I couldn't be the the one to suggest it with DD on the holiday too - and looking at me and everything I drank !

It was wonderful !
        I could feel how the others felt :
        There was champagne with breakfast - they had it - and were tetchy until lunchtime when they could have a beer - and tetchy again 'till they could have a pre-dinner drink and on & on !
        oh I know the feeling well ! :yuk:

Comment

Good for you, Satz! :l

Comment

mollyka;1665567 wrote: Love the sound of your mammy --- sounds very like my own was --- treasure her won't you!!!!
            Ye know another thing she said at breakfast - and we sometimes think she doddery :
            "Do you feel better A not drinking.... I can see a difference - you were kinda .... and she struggled for a word .... arrogant / aggressive with drink taken"
            That saying out of the mouths of babes also applies to Nannies :thumbs:
            because she NEVER once had a problem with me drinking - or so I thought :egad:

Comment

Is your mum going too? Well at least you will have another non drinker for company. Its a tough one being drinkers company but at least you won't have hangover. Does anyone ever hear from Reccie anymore? He's not on fb much. Would love to hear how he is getting with the lovely dog I forget her name.
              If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

My response was that I spoke what I was really thinking when alcohol loosened my tongue.
                I still believe this and now I'm trying to speak my mind - even if it's not what some want to hear - it's better than holding it all in and causing ME damage !

I won't knowingly hurt anyone - but they'll need to get used to it :thumbs:

Comment

mollyka;1665573 wrote: WOW!!!! Oh I know my mum wudda been aware that I was drinking too much at the end --- that's when my 'black hole' started - when she was sick --- but she never said -- I know she would have been SO proud of me now tho --- well --- she would in her head -- but god forbid the neighbours would know I went to rehab:H
                  God yeah Molls - couldn't be doing that !:H

Comment

Foxy;1665574 wrote: Is your mum going too? Well at least you will have another non drinker for company. Its a tough one being drinkers company but at least you won't have hangover. Does anyone ever hear from Reccie anymore? He's not on fb much. Would love to hear how he is getting with the lovely dog I forget her name.

No Foxy - she's not - I'll be flying solo sober on next one.
                    Reccie are you THERE ???

Come talk to Foxy & tell us about Amy (?)

Comment

mollyka;1665570 wrote: ooohh the champagne in the morning --- for years and years I wouldn't partake cos I knew it would put the gra on me for the day and like you say -- waiting till the next appropriate 'slot' -- but then in my 'free-fall' years it was 'happy day's' time cos it meant I could legitimately smell of grog to himself all day and top myself up from a stash all day.... what a WASTE of holidays --- REALLY?????
                      God yes Molls - what a waste - and feeling like SHITE for a week after you come home !:yuk:

Comment

RoxyFoxy, can only offer hugs - as many as you need and then a few extra just to be sure. Rox, yes, what Molly said about expecting sober to change everything: it doesn't, but there's less shit in the mix and the mind does get much clearer later, but at 30 days there still wasn't enough distance for perspective. And about thoughts - they can make or break. I irritate myself with being a bit Pollyanna-ish and relentlessly happy most of the time, but at the moment that's how I keep myself on track. Fox, I really see how losing a cat can be a huge trigger, but mindset was the biggest thing for me: I knew that I couldn't go on drinking the way I did. Actually no, I could have gone on for X amount of time longer, but I would have lost the last shreds of myself. And you're back, giving it another go - that counts for a lot.

Molly, have an absolutely stupendously gorgeous trip; hope Joe manages to switch off and just enjoy. You will check in when you can, won't you?

Off to be feed and watered.
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

mollyka;1665578 wrote: Afternoon Sugarbabe!!! You snuck in there --- just a thought --- when you were drinking - did you ever think of the amount of sugar in the alcohol? Dunno what made me think of that? .................
                          No Foxy -- I haven't heard from Reccie unfortunately -- I miss him an awful lot around here -- his wee doggie's name was Amy

god yeah -- did you see 'The Bridge'? Joe reckons I'm like Saga the main character in it
                          --- she - how shall I put it --- DEFINITELY speaks her mind:H I do try not to hurt people tho --- but feck it --- all that pussy-footing around -- 'twould exhaust you --- think that's more down to senior status than sobriety tho
                          Yeah The Bridge is the one I was banging on about for ages.
                          The Danish version with sub titles ?
                          She's a 'durty' lady :H

Comment

mollyka;1665579 wrote: Tomorrow's Joe's birthday and Friday is Jilly's --- all I have are a few tee-shirts for himself and chocolate for her -- well I'll get her something over there on the day --- feel a bit scabby tho.......
                            Na - why drag something all the way over -when you can have an excuse to go shopping on Friday :thumbs:

Comment

Right - I've yabbered on for long enough - gonna head home !
                              Molls don't go to bed at 7pm or anything y'hear:H
                              What time is tomorrow's flight ?

Foxy - feck FB - come on here & chat instead - we won't talk about how many vodkas we had last night :H

Comment

mollyka;1665586 wrote: Well it's like they say in AA 'fake it to make it' --- I find the 'happier' I appear to be-- the happier people are around me - hence making me really happier --- is that AWFUL simplistic? I don't think so ---

ah she's BRILLIANT!!! great series altogether -- I've series 2 put aside for when we get back!
                                It's called the Law of Attraction Molls - work it girlfriend :happy:

The Bridge : Maybe it's series 2 she gets REALLY 'durty' :H

Comment

Working...
                                X