Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to express my gratitude

Please don't go!!!

It may take a little while to get the hang of who's who, and I know at first I felt like a wallflower at a party where I didn't know anyone. But I knew that everyone here is fighting the same battle I am, and even just reading the posts of someone who achieved their first AF week has been an inspiration to me.

All I know is that everyone here is ready with a word of encouragement when I'm feeling like a failure, and feels my happiness at my small successes.

Please hang around, you won't regret it.

Lot's of Love, Jas:l
    :thanks: :h

Comment

Star, don't leave because you feel like you don't fit in. It's tough for everyone at times. Waves your post was beautiful and also so true about the Mod's thread. People were really hurting and I sat there staring at the screen wondering what in the world I could possibly even say to help. Sometimes I post a lot other times I read a lot. These boards go in waves it seems. I think that everyone offers something important and that's why we all keep coming back.
      Take Care
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Please stick around

I know exactly how you feel, I sometimes feel very isolated and ignored,
        but I think that is just my problem, its as though I'm programmed to feel
        this way.Please don't leave I personally feel you are just the sort of person
        we need around here. I have to go to work now and I have just broken a
        tooth, as the dentist is not open until tuesday I'm feeling scared of drinking
        as an excuse to lessen the pain. I'm hoping not to be alone for the next few days
        as this is when I'm most likely to drink.
        Love and best wishes to you.

Comment

Star: This forum has meant so much to me. It's people like you that make up MWO. I think that if we share from our hearts (as opposed to writing what we think will be smart, insightful, & helpful), we'll be fine. I've had 8 major slips throughout the month of May, & after each one, I didn't want to return here. I made myself do it the next day. Coming here prevented me from going into multi-day binges (my usual pattern). Love, Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Starlight,

You are so valued here. I hope to see you back very soon.

Julie

Comment

Star,please don't go! I think we all have felt the odd man out at times. It's true there are people who know each other on a personal level and there are jokes and nuances. But as Luv said find thoses you click with and keep posting, you would be missed. If your talking about chat as well, I can identify with that , I have a very hard time keeping up. Just stay a little longer. Don't break up with us yet.
              Smiles & Hugs
              Mar

Comment

Starlight,

I hope you decide to stay. Your posts are not boring, and as others said we all feel like we don't fit in at times - I feel it often but I know my perception doesn't always match reality. I keep coming back because it helps me, and I might occasionally be able to help someone else with my words. We're just a bunch of people, warts and all; try not to put pressure on yourself to fit in - just be yourself.

Take care.

pixie
                AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
                X