X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 30th May

Hiya Foxy, Jacks, Satz and Dreamy :hiya:

Yeah where's MrT? Time to cut the cake afore we eat it for ye

Dreamy- my garden is a long way from competition standards- its lying on a base of pure clay and drainage is dire, I've broke me back digging over the borders and the shrubs and plants there seem to be thriving- the grass AKA moss area is quite the opposite- toying with idea of getting rid of it altogether with either paving or decking. You are right though- there is something special about being out there among nature It's like therapy to me.

Comment

Satz, I'd rather chew one of the S&H's week old socks than spend a boozy night with Mr JC...
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sweetpea29;1666322 wrote: Hiya Foxy, Jacks, Satz and Dreamy :hiya:

Yeah where's MrT? Time to cut the cake afore we eat it for ye

Dreamy- my garden is a long way from competition standards- its lying on a base of pure clay and drainage is dire, I've broke me back digging over the borders and the shrubs and plants there seem to be thriving- the grass AKA moss area is quite the opposite- toying with idea of getting rid of it altogether with either paving or decking. You are right though- there is something special about being out there among nature It's like therapy to me.
        Aren't you great Sweets to have your own house at your young age ?:l:goodjob:
        Not easy these days eh?

Comment

JackieClaire;1666323 wrote: Satz, I'd rather chew one of the S&H's week old socks than spend a boozy night with Mr JC...
          Thanks JC -makes me feel less guilty !

Comment

Evening Satz. The last night I would want right now is a nite in a boozy pub sitting with drinkers. My garden is far from competition level and not planning on it as an entry lol. The grass in mine is poor too and there is a bumpy area at the end that's hard to deal with. Hoping to get paving done later in the year so its easier to manage. Was thinking of decking but its high maintanice one of my neighbours took hers and another is thinking of doing the same.
            If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

satz123;1666324 wrote: Aren't you great Sweets to have your own house at your young age ?:l:goodjob:
              Not easy these days eh?
              I've questioned the wisdom of it tbh Satz. Don't get me wrong I love having my own house, especially the garden, in a nice wee area bordering city and country but sometimes I wonder would I have been better off renting and having more money to spend on like of travel, holidays etc...

If you didn't feel comfortable about going out tonight please don't be feeling guilty xx I was out at the weekend with a crew of drinkers and I found it tough going- left me on shaky ground actually with regard to the drink- didn't blow my quit but feck another hour and I may have. Don't risk it xx

Comment

satz123;1666325 wrote: Thanks JC -makes me feel less guilty !
                Ah,love, you've got nowt to feel guilty about.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Punny article in the Grauniad:
                  A good pun is its own reword | Mind your language | Media | theguardian.com.

Sweets, apart from compost, have you tried agricultural lime for your clay soil? Takes time, but it does work. Or plant roses - they love clayey soil.

:H:H:H on the old socks comment, JC.
                  14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1666329 wrote: Punny article in the Grauniad:
                    A good pun is its own reword | Mind your language | Media | theguardian.com.

Sweets, apart from compost, have you tried agricultural lime for your clay soil? Takes time, but it does work. Or plant roses - they love clayey soil.

:H:H:H on the old socks comment, JC.
                    No haven't tried lime Dreamy. Compost and sand in the borders-yes and everything planted is thriving so far. I'm not sure if/how it would work- when I dig down a couple of feet beneath the topsoil there's literally a hard pan of clay- not an expert by any means but not sure if anything could remedy that bar dig the whole sheebang out. Maybe I should take this to a gardening forum?!!

On the topic of puns- I live near to a main road called the Crumlin Road- at the top of it there's a bakery- called 'The Crumb'- thought that a good one. Edit to add -the locals here refer to the road as the Crum instead of its full name.

Comment

Well I got kicked off...............went up the Amazon............got Mr JC's birthday pressie early (a wind up radio).............managed to get back on and now I'm starving.
                      Must get foooooooooooooooood.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Popping in & out all evening - where's everyone ?:scratchinhead:

Anyhoo - I'm off to bed - night !!

Comment

Hi Satz popped in earlier and it was very quiet. Is mr. Satz home yet? In bed meself watchin the Late late. Feeling tired probably end fallin asleep with the tv on as usual.
                          If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

Working...
                          X