Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

Hi all,

I just got a text message from my boyfriend, it said he had called the cops on a drunk lady. He is taking his kid to the movies and he said when he got there, he saw a lady who was obvioulsy drunk, and she was with a bunch if kids, so he called the police. One part of me was angry at the lady for being with kids, and then another part of me felt bad for her, because if the police arrive and she has been drinking, this will be an extremely bad event. I know I probably feel bad for her simply because I am dealing with my own drinking problem. I do not feel bad for the consequesces she will have for being drunk while looking after children, but I have seen so many stories on here, and known so many of you, and myslef who have made mistakes while drinking, I can't help but be sad for her.

I don't know what happened, as I only got the one text message. But for some reason I felt the need to share this with you all.

Victoria
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

It is not our place to decide what happens and why. She may never be picked up by the police, and she may be put in jail. Maybe this is the event in her life that will help her decide to stop drinking. Your BF may have saved the lives of the children by doing this. I believe everything works together for a good purpose if we give it enough time and attention. Who knows...

Bear
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

That does suck- but you have to pay if you are gonna do stuff like that- especially with kids. All bets are off when it comes to kids.

Vic is that you pizza girl? Why didn't you name yourself pizza or teagirl?
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

Yes it is me, I wanted something more mysterious...
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

Bear is right....those children can not make choices for themselves just yet....she can and I feel VERY sorry her as I have made terrible mistakes in my very recent past, but think of it like this....if she gets behind the wheel and should kill one of those children today...she can't take that back and day in jail, she can get over and may just be like Bear said...a wake-up call. He did what his heart felt was right and now the police will handle it appropriately....

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

I'm still calling you pizzagirl.
            Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

Luvuall is right. This could be her wake-up call. I am ashamed to say that I have drunk driven with my son in the car. If someone reported me, How could I be upset with that person? I think your BF did the right thing as kids were involved. Bella xx

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

I am going to take the unpopular viewpoint here. Was the woman driving? was she in the lobby of the theatre? Someone else could have been parking the car. Just a lot of variables. I don't like jumping to conclusions about people' if she was drunk and the police came and arrested her,can you imagine how terrified those childern will be. I think first access the situation then apporach and ask if she needs help. If drunk, contact the management, maybe they could call someone for her.
                Mar

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

He would have accessed the situation simey before he made that call. We generally try not to jump to conclusions regardless of the situation, however, given our current occupations, we are technically obligated to call even if we thought there was some other variable. If he had decided that it wasn't important enough to call, or had simply told someone at the theatre, and something had happened to her or any of the children, he would be indirectly responsible. Hope that explains enough...
                  James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

Gotcha

Comment

BF saw drunk lady w/kids

Very tough situation. First I agreed with Simeybear but then I understood your explanation. The good thing is it may get this mother on the path to dealing with her problem before she hurts anyone. How would your BF have felt if he had done nothing and something terrible happened? Kids always have to be the #1 priority.
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                      X