MWO Site unavailability and problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say thank you to NoSugar again for the efforts to help resolve this spam attack. And thank you Ginger for asking your son if can help. As Roberta points out, the site is "worked" by volunteers so I hope that will be willing to accept outside help.

Comment

spiritwolf333;1671914 wrote: Just wanted to say thank you to NoSugar again for the efforts to help resolve this spam attack. And thank you Ginger for asking your son if can help. As Roberta points out, the site is "worked" by volunteers so I hope that will be willing to accept outside help.
      I second these thanks! It will also be interesting to see if we really get an "update from RJ" or not.
      Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Hi all. We should have a back up plan in case this forum implodes.

There has been a suggestion that we could start our own forum? I know nothing of what that might entail. Valuable and life long relationships formed here have been conducive to remaining sober where other methods have failed. It's always been a safe place. In the meantime, ignore the spam and hope that it can be fixed. Let's still enjoy each other and provide necessary support.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Wag, I just don't think RJ is involved anymore.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Not such a bad idea SK, but I have absolutely no idea how it could be done.
            Want to pm me you email details some time.
            I'd hate us to lose touch after all these years.

Comment

It has been mentioned that this domain my expire in Aug. of this year. I googled and found the site has an unknown expiration date.

Mywayout.org - Mywayout

That is not to say it does not expire in Aug. It just means in my very brief search, I did not find that date.

Comment

Someone has got to step up to the plate!!!! Surely to goodness the administrators or "owners" of this site can see that they have the potential to not only help people but to also make money at the same time.

Comment

I will step up and become a subscriber, if there is a risk of losing the site. MWO changed my life and I know it's changed many others' as well. I'd hate to see it fold.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

3June2013;1672269 wrote: I will step up and become a subscriber, if there is a risk of losing the site. MWO changed my life and I know it's changed many others' as well. I'd hate to see it fold.
                    3June -Thanks for your reply. I would hold off becoming a subscriber until more information is released. Several people, including myself, have had multiple problems with trying to subscribe. This site has helped change many lives and we just now need to hear from the owners of their intended plans.

Comment

Standing by!
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

lucky 2.0;1672228 wrote: It has been mentioned that this domain my expire in Aug. of this year. I googled and found the site has an unknown expiration date.

Mywayout.org - Mywayout

That is not to say it does not expire in Aug. It just means in my very brief search, I did not find that date.
                        According to the Whois domain registry, the domain name was renewed last year and will expire Aug 27, 2016. Not sure that means much, as domain registry doesn't necessarily equate to a hosted and maintained site, but at least the domain won't be expiring Aug 1 of this year.
                        Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Greetings all... I just got back from our camping trip. My son said that his company can host a forum for $300 a year. We would still have to moderate it ourselves but he would make sure "bots" wouldn't compromise the site like we've been seeing lately. I'm not advocating we do this but I personally just wanted to know what something like this costs. There are lots of hosting options we could explore them if things get too bad on this forum. I'm still hoping we get a response soon from MWO on what the plan is.

Comment

There is a private FB page that has been created for any short/long term disruption to MWO.

You can mesage me on here, or you can friend me on FB if you'd like....its really at the moment just a "firedrill meeting place" if something crazy happens.

You'll probably have better luck reaching me on FB and please let me know you are from MWO...so come one, come all if you feel comfortable doing so.

Its called MWO interim

https://www.facebook.com/mike.nelson.1000
                            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Another Thread re MWO page on FB

Nelz;1673537 wrote: There is a private FB page that has been created for any short/long term disruption to MWO.

You can mesage me on here, or you can friend me on FB if you'd like....its really at the moment just a "firedrill meeting place" if something crazy happens.

You'll probably have better luck reaching me on FB and please let me know you are from MWO...so come one, come all if you feel comfortable doing so.

Its called MWO interim

https://www.facebook.com/mike.nelson.1000
                              Bump

Comment

mollyka;1671803 wrote: We're gonna have to do something about this lads -- I wonder could we set up our own website -- and marshal and moderate it ourselves? I use the term 'we' loosely as my expertise is non-existent --- I do know however that there are plenty of people on this site who would have the knowledge --- I would happily do any tasks allotted to me and provide some funding as I'm sure lots and lots of us would ---- any ideas??
                                bump

Comment

Working...
                                X