Site status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site status

Hi, all. My apologies for not being more actively involved--I have been extraordinarily busy with unexpected projects. Our upgrade and monetization plan is taking a bit longer than we'd hoped. Some thoughts:

* Thank you, to those who have reported technical issues to us. We are doing what we can to address them.

* I am unable to monitor the site as I did before because of many other obligations. This site is a priority to me--bugs and all--but please understand that I continue to personally subsidize it every month and am not in a position to expand our existing tech support until we begin receiving advertising dollars. We hope to make significant changes later this year to turn things around.

* The survey in which so many of you kindly participated was for collecting MWO demographic information only, as I stated earlier, to help us target potential advertisers. We would not, under any circumstances sell that information to others, and in fact it would be impossible to do so, as we did not collect email addresses or other contact information

* We have tried to make the technical upgrades as seamless as possible, but our forum software was so outdated, we hit a number of bumps along the way. (As I type this, the text erratically disappears and re-appears, which is frustrating and I'll report that to tech support if it hasn't been already.) Most recently, it appears we're also having significant issues with spam and we're doing what we can to address the problem.

* We have completed work with a consultant and are preparing an online sales package for potential advertisers. It's likely the ad campaign and other changes will not roll out until late summer/early fall.

* I am a strong advocate for any and all methods of recovery, including web based support groups. I will not be offended by anyone who wishes to start another site.

On a personal note, I'm doing great and am very busy right now with summer gardens, guests and family. In the past couple of years I have travelled around the world researching and experimenting with powerful plant medicines (ayahuasca and ibogaine specifically) and have taken my sobriety to a new level that I hope to share with you all some day. It all started for me here, at My Way Out and the journey continues to unfold in rich and fascinating ways.

I would like to recommend a fabulous book if it's not yet been mentioned here: "You Are the Placebo" by Dr. Joe Dispenza. It's an incredibly powerful read and I encourage all of you to look into it.

I think that's it. Please bear with us as we move forward. As was posted in an earlier thread, much of the work here is a volunteer effort by a number of people on the back end who are committed to helping others in recovery and are willing to contribute their time and talent.

In health and with love,

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Site status

Many people have expressed a willingness to become subscribers but have become frustrated with the process, with some just giving up.

How would it affect your ability to implement the needed changes if X number of members subscribed? How many would be necessary to make an immediate difference?

Thank you for this update and to the staff who have made great strides in cleaning up the spam in the last day and a half.

Comment

Site status

How can I help? Technical or otherwise. I am in IT sec.
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Site status

Roberta Jewell;1672310 wrote: * We have completed work with a consultant and are preparing an online sales package for potential advertisers. It's likely the ad campaign and other changes will not roll out until late summer/early fall.
        So great to hear this - will keep going until you are able to implement this - I believe I owe my success to MWO and do not wish to find a new support, so this is indeed welcome news!
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Site status

Without this site I'd almost definitely not have found naltrexone which proved to be My Way Out.
          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Site status

brilliant news....this site has saved probably thousands of people from all walks and countries..friendships have been made..through bonding and support that no one other than those that have travelled/stumbled along the road of alcoholism will realise the strength of..would be a great shame to see it all go down the pan, but hopefully will be resolved in the near future...many thanks for replying to the posts..there were concerns that there was no actual leadership for this site any longer,and that it had become self perpetuating..but you win the prize ..thank you
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Site status

RJ I am willing to help too..20 years in IT....I want to see this site continue to save lives like it did for me..I am retired and have way too much time on my hands some days...
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Site status

Thanks for the update RJ!

So many of us have found success & forged friendships thru this site. I'm sure we would all love to see the site continue well into the future. I am grateful for the opportunity to reach out & help others in this worldwide fellowship.

Thank you!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Site status

RJ, I appreciate the update. This site has been so helpful to so many. I would be willing to help maintain it any way I am able.
                  Best to you
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Site status

RJ...I concur with all the previous posts. This site saved my life. I know there are others out there but this is home to me. We're behind you and will help with what we can. PQ

Comment

Site status

bump
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Site status

RJ, so glad you have chimed in.

We have missed you. I also understand how much you have put into MWO, both emotionally and financially. I will look up to you always.

When I see the # of people who log into MWO everyday who don't subscribe for $10/mo
                        I am astonished.

I fully understand there maybe some people who can't afford it, but still...........

I personally thank you for all of the people here who have got sober through this forum.

Many who can afford vacations, new clothes, etc. can afford a subscription.

Thank you so much for all that you have done.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Site status

many thanks for starting this website RJ and it has made a huge difference for me especially as I live where there are very limited alternatives to AA to quitting AL.
                          Thanks for the website update but please try to have the spam issues resolved as soon as possible. It is still very bad and it must be distressing for some to see posts they made years ago being dragged up now by this spam.

Comment

Site status

today has been really a bad one regarding spam. It is almost overwhelming
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Site status

Hi RJ-
                              I look forward to seeing all the new changes!
                              All the best
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
                              X