Gazza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gazza

This is for those in the UK, I'm sure I've watched this a year or two ago, but discovered it again and it's reinforced in my mind why I must not drink again.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/being-paul-gascoigne/series-1/episode-1-being-paul-gascoigne

Loads of stuff in this documentary, the way he looks and is physically as a result of alcoholic drinking, videos of him pissed up and shaking during TV appearances, emotional contributions from family.

Even if you don't like him, well worth a watch in my opinion.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Gazza

Thanks YKB. I recall Gazza, and will give this a spin.

I know of a lot of people who have experienced the relative 'high' of a successful career in the public eye - travel, adoration, only to not be prepared for when it all stops, and it can stop suddenly. Not sure if this happened to Gazza, but i have seen many musicians find it difficult to 'come down' from the buzz of the spotlight and performing, and turn to a 24/7 life of booze and/or other substances. Myself included.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
    X