Deadly softdrinks soda diet soda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOXNews.com - Report: Soda May Seriously Harm Your Health - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

Liver damage warning!!!!!!! please follow the above link.

also do a keyword search for sodas and sodium benzoate and see what comes up.
    there is a group in China filing lawsuits since they discovered that sodium benzoate when combined with caffeine creates an illegal addictive drug. Also other research has shown that sodium benzoate when it combines with vit-C produces deadly benzene. VERY creepy stuff. I have no doubt that sodas and diet sodas in particular are addictive. They cause billions of dollars in health problems and rob our bodies of nutrients.
    I know this should be in the holistic healing section but it's too important so there ya go.

be well everyone!
    I'm going to develop a "garlic soda" that has no preservatives in it. yummy.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Well dammit, that makes me not happy. Fortunately I only got into diet sodas this year but I am now back to sparkling water with juice. Thanks for that article.....
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks D ... That is scary ..........
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Yeah I heard about this awhile ago but did it stop me from drinking my precious diet soda.......noooooo. Since quiting alcohol my diet coke intake has gone WAY up!

I just decided recently to reduce my diet soda intake in that Splenda makes the liver sluggish hence slow weight loss. Plus diet soda robs of phosphorus which is co-dependent with calciumin in bones so not good as we age as women.

So thanks for reminding me. Ho hum....another thing to give up.

DAMN this cruel world-yet another drink taken away from me!:H
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thanks a lot for posting Determinator.

I gave up all caffeinated diet colas in January but have still been drinking diet sodas without caffeine.

Comment

Thanks Detrominator for the info. I never been a fan of the diet sodas I have in the past drank them. I am just wondering does this go all for all sodas such as regular pepsi?

I found that as long as I stay away from sodas anything to do with caffiene I sleep better so I have been staying away from the soda department.

Comment

Garlic, I drink about 3 diet cokes a day lately, most times I buy caffeine free but still I know this stuff is made of crap.

Thanks for the info
              Sammys

Comment

(((Det)))

Though I appreciate the info..... I'm sticking w/my diet sodas. I do mix it up w/flavored water, now. But giving up alcohol AND my caffinated soda....nope. I don't smoke, now I don't drink, w/o soda....I'd be to close to perfection :H

Comment

Hart, you are too funny! that's how I am with espresso...my last vice

unfortunately the non caffeine sodas still contain sodium benzoate for those asking...sorry.

The good news is that the markets finally have a huge selection of healthier drinks these days. Don't let them pray on our laziness...get out there and experiment.

To your health and in good taste.....salute!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

can you tell us what these healthy alternatives are? are there any that are low calorie?

Comment

I just bought some Hansen's soda. It does still have Splenda in it but the rest of the ingredients are all natural and does not have the sodium benzoate. But the better thing to drink is sparkling water with perhaps some pomegranate juice or something full of antioxidants. Don't know where you live Nancy but if there is a Whole Foods or something like that near you they will have excellent choices because most everything they sell is organic and with no preservatives.

Comment

Lushy you took the word out of my mouth...sparkling wawa with POM....is da bomb.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I'm sorry for being such a nerd, but I do have a few degrees in chemistry. I know my stuff in general when it comes to organic reaction mechanisms. I have spent an hour trying to figure out how benzoic acid can possibly react with vitamin C to make benzene. Sorry, but I can't see how on earth that is possible. When I queried the American Chemical Society they also had no knowledge of this. What is your source?
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

If you read the article it was from a British paper called the Independent I think?? I know none of it can be healthy for us but I would like to think I could have a few diet sodas here and there. Get on it Mags and prove them wrong!!!

Comment

Thanks
                              I only drink about 5 diet pops per week... Usually 2 Sat and 2 again on Sunday... Suppose I could make some ice tea or lemonade though... Healthy habits do happen.. Thanks for caring and sharing. ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                              X