Anger / Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anger / Trigger

My biggest temptation comes after I have been in situation that really makes me mad.

Be it an argument with my wife, My in-laws (who live with us) driving me to the brink, by the way which thus causing my wife to jump all over me (not jump in the good sense)...

Or people at work that just tick me off, or arrogant family members ...it is that point of "oh yea, will to hell with you all" feeling...

(This is when the evils of the flesh come through, you know... when we fail to be like Jesus) and the heat of the anger just explodes....

This is when I want to down 5 vodka's on the rocks...skip the twist...

today is one of those days....so far...just ...temptation....
    Control the Mind

Anger / Trigger

Rocky, hang tough my friend!
    love ya
    Mar

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Let the steam blow off my friend... this is a good place to vent. We hear yeah.

As Simey says.. Hang tough!
      Hablur

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rocky, you can do this. You have done so well. I hope things calm down for you soon.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Hang in there Rocky,

Ride through it. Don't let them catch you.

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Dear Rocky,

I am sorry you feel that way! I understand. I have been feeling so ready to smack one sister upside the head or . . .you got it. . . stop at the liquor store. Feeling quite upset after lunch I came back to the office and read this piece I keep in my mailbox to calm me. It actually helped me so I hope it helps you!

Hugs - Hang in there you can do this!!

Be Impeccable With Your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

Don't Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

Don't Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rocky you are such a spiritual inspiration to us all. The best thing to do is what you are
              doing, that is getting it off your chest and letting off steam.
              I went to the funeral of a very dear friend today, and just for a few seconds I felt like
              a drink suddenly a little voice in my head said no! this is not what she would want.
              so glad you have also resisted the temptation.
              Love Paula.

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rock, you don't need it .... Love BB xxx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rocky, it is true, you don't need it. I know how you feel. I let myself get really burned up by things. I am a total stresscase and worrywart. I haven't had a easy past year and most of what has happened has been out of my control (daughter with autism, losing my job, not being able to get along with my dad). But it's how we react to it that is the difference. I am trying harder not to feel like a victim but it is not easy. You will be ok, take a deep breaths!! You really have been doing great. You are one of the biggest inspirations on the site. :h
                  Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rocky, hang in there; I'm pulling for you. Maybe take a long walk if you can.

pixie
                    AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rocky,

Take a deep breath and don't down 5 vodkas - I did it last night after a huge fight with my husband, and I am truely sorry today.

You are such an inspiration for all of us, hang tough.

Kali

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Thanks all! ... as I feel you are looking to me to not let you down as well...Thanks for the encouragement and voice of confidence...

Deep breaths...and maybe a ice cream sunday.....
                        Control the Mind

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rocky, me too! I find anger one of my worst triggers. I swear I'm gonna buy a punchin bag to hang in my garage. I saw one at a garage sale the other day and wanted it. I was with someone that wouldnt have been approiate....lets say to get it. When we left I thought I coulda blamed it on my son. When we got home I went back and it was gone. Dangit. And then would ya believe I DID got get icecream. BOTH would have been better.

Hang in there sweetie.
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Anger / Trigger

I have stopped getting so angry since I stopped drinking. I don't really know why. I do find if I can get my mind on something else, the cravings pass pretty quickly. Hang in there Rocky.
                            bear
                            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Anger / Trigger

Rocky, we have heard you do great things under pressure.
                              Keep strengthening that muscle and stay strong.
                              We are rooting for you.
                              Dx
                              * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Working...
                              X