• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping July

They've set the date!!!!

Funny, another friend got herself engaged yesterday as well

Morning One and All.

I can't honestly say that I feel like 'doing' today. Trying to fake it til I make it, but it's not working. As much as I like winter and the cool weather, there is such a thing as mid winter blues, Non?
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Jumping July

byebyebridgetjones;1687413 wrote:
      I can't honestly say that I feel like 'doing' today. Trying to fake it til I make it, but it's not working. As much as I like winter and the cool weather, there is such a thing as mid winter blues, Non?
      Definitely ...... I have always blamed my mid-winter blues on Wellington's winter weather, but I get it in Sydney despite the always blue sky.

And I refuse to describe myself as "engaged" My sister's response was "well done" ..... as if it was an achievement.

Anyway ... enough navel-gazing for today - I have work to do and Rags to meet for lunch
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Jumping July

Missy, what marvellous news!

I'll send out instructions in the Army re hats/fascinators, wearing of. And floaty dresses.

Any particular weather you want ordered for the day? Sunny and autumny, no wind?

Have a lovely lunch - even more things to talk about now!
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Jumping July

So ... we need a Luncheon Report, girls. Avec pics!

Comment

Jumping July

Ooops - sorry Dreamy ***waving like a wild thing***

Comment

Jumping July

tawnyfrog;1687480 wrote: Ooops - sorry Dreamy ***waving like a wild thing***
              Same from my side too, Frog!!!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Jumping July

Hey Dreamy ... anyone heard from the chrome-domed little Saffa? I miss him but haven't bothered him via PM in case he doesn't want to be bothered.

Comment

Jumping July

tawnyfrog;1687478 wrote: So ... we need a Luncheon Report, girls. Avec pics!
                  Hello Tawn,
                  No pictures I'm afraid.
                  My lunch was chorizo, some camembert, some spinach leaves on a very crusty but tasty bread which I had trouble sawing through with my sore shoulder
                  and had trouble eating as I'm missing a few good chewing teeth.
                  They make a killer coffee there too.
                  I'll let Missy tell you about her lunch.
                  We sat out the back; very pleasant.
                  It was lovely to catch up with Missy.
                  There is so much happening with her work at the moment
                  and she's finding it is a very trying and frustrating time.
                  I just hope things get better and wonderful work opportunities
                  open up for our favourite kiwi.
                  I often forget some of the fraught times I had when I was working
                  and how easy my life is compared to so many Undies.
                  Hopefuly Missy and Mr Missy can catch a weekend at Chez Rags while I'm away to maybe unwind a bit.
                  Missy gave me good inside info about Bali, so it's lighten the clothes I'm taking with me and get stuff over there.... zackly what Happs said.

I gave her a demo of my arm movement.... I can now touch my head and raise my arm up to shoulder level (just). Eating is still a bit of a performance at times though, trying to handle a fork and get the contents safely to my mouth. :H

Sorry if this sounds a bit stilted, I'm very tired and my humour and literary skills are taking a nap.

Comment

Jumping July

Miss Behaving;1687151 wrote:
                    I'm still doing my Cert I - III to qualify for an understanding of "all things Australian", so is this what people refer to as "the big wet"?
                    The big wet originally referred specifically to the monsoon season in the north of Australia,
                    but is being used more and more often to describe any unusually large/long rain or flood period such as the Qld floods of 1011 1nd 2012.

Meant to mention that at lunch, but we got involved with other more important things.

Comment

Jumping July

CONGRATS Missy & Mr Missy !!!! inkele:

Off to buy a hat ..................................

Comment

Jumping July

Missey :
                        JC & the Army in general were wondering if you had enough bridesmaids : we thought something like this would be fitting for the day : what do you think ?

Comment

Jumping July

Thrilled for you Missy B............will you be changing your name to Missus B.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jumping July

satz123;1687526 wrote: Missey :
                            JC & the Army in general were wondering if you had enough bridesmaids : we thought something like this would be fitting for the day : what do you think ?

I totally love them all Satz !! Shucks .... All you ovaries are so lovely xx !!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Jumping July

Morning Undies...bloody hell Satz...that's an ummm...tasteful pic....Why did they blot out the face of the baby? Didn't want to be caught in the outfit?

Working my way through a day that feels like jelly wrestling...so shall go slowly...

Have a good one Undies!

Comment

Jumping July

I have been ruminating overnight - mr B is Dutch so a touch of Orange would set off the green nicely don't you think?

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X