School..Need it but have to fight for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the dumbest thing that I have had to deal with in a long time. All that know me, know that I've been in school for a while, completing several certificate programs and now I'm trying to finish my degree..

This is the deal, last month I made the dean's list with a 4.0 gpa. Now the summer semester has started and I am taking Anatomomy&Physiology and Information Technology Office Suite...The A&P class so far I'm at a 88.7 and IT 42.1. I have a teacher that has assigned a Presentation project for Power Point, which I don't have and is failing me on this project. Advisor's suggest getting the software from Library, friend or purchase. I told the jerks, my library does not have it and the only friend that has it is in a very abusive relationship and I can't use hers. The software can't be purchased because, no MONEY....

I am planning for my son's middleschool graduation, prom, senior field trip etc. I would be less than a mother to take money away from his preperation for graduation. The school doesen't get this. It is so EASY for other people to tell you what you should do, but if you don't have the means to accomplish something, what do you do??

Needless to say, my drinking has been very constant, and I know this doesn't help, because I still have the same problems and drinking just gives me a hangover and the problem is still here. So I drink because I'm upset and then I get upset because I drink...I truly need support and prayers. I was ready to just give up on school, but I'VE WORKED TO DAMNED HARD FOR MY GRADES...

Any suggestions I could surely use..

Brandy

Hon, it may sound harsh, but if you afford that booze you can afford Powerpoint. This is your future, put it on a credit card if you have to.

download.com sometimes lets you download stuff for free. That's how i got Adobe acrobat and Photoshop. See if that works. :h
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

do a web search on "Free PowerPoint". You can get free trial downloads and /or free outdated versions.

Good luck & never give up. If you take the alcohol out of the equation the problems aren't as many.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I agree, I knew I would get that response, but my Dollar Figure for booze is no more than $20 week. I don't buy enough to get drunk. I only purchase one or two 22 oz bottles which is $4.50. That wouldn't barely buy me a ride on the bus. But thanks for the input.

I changed my beer a long time ago, I used to drink Heiniken, but it was too much money.

School is the problem with an idiot teacher, and I've been in school for a long enough time, and I was interviewed on software 5 months ago. That is my argument with this particular teacher.

Anyway, I just called Dell and put the order in for the software, the problem is having a teacher that is being allowed to change University Requirements.

Again, thanks for the response..

Brandy

Comment

Hang in there Brandy...

School is tough enough but when you're older with responsibilities it gets harder. Much luck to you. It'll work out somehow-just have faith.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Breez;

Thanks for the support. I guess I should not have made my problems appear as though alcohol was the issue. My problem stems from a Teacher that is acting like she has free rein to change University policy as it pertains to software...

But I put in a call to the advising dept manager and she is looking into this.

And yes, I had cut down quite a bit on alcohol, and I drink Molson Ice which is $1.25. That is why I end up with a Hangover because it is a CHEAP BEER and all you need is two!! Alcohol plays the part of me becoming disappointed in myself, because of my wanting to eventually stop like I did right after I joined MWO..I was abs for a few VERY HARD MONTHS..

All will work out in the end...I have to de-stress without the alcohol.

Hugs
            Brandy

Comment

Oh yeah Brandy- cheap beer will kill you with the hangovers!! Ugh!!!

I'd send you my disk but it is for a Mac. Sorry hon!

I start a freelance job next week maybe i can "borrow" it? Can't push my luck though it was really f-ing hard to get this 1 month job! :H
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

:goodjob: camper;

Thanks for the offer of the disk...Congratulations on the new job..I know you will do a great job!

In the end Dell did a Diagnostic remote test and realized I needed to upgrade my cd/dvd -R Drive...So $389.62 later I need to expand my memory and replace my drives...But as far as school goes, I still say I have NO MONEY FOR POWER POINT.

I will do the assignments as needed when the new equipment arrives next week, but as far as school goes, I still have a mangaer from advising dept checking into the procedures of this teacher. After I enrolled in this Applied Sciences for Medical Assisting Degree program I was interviewed about software. I could not have entered the program if the software I have was not compatible...This teacher is DOING HER OWN THING, AS IT PERTAINS TO THE RULES..This is my problem..not necessary the alcohol, besides it's cheap!!:h :l :thanks:

Brandy

Comment

Working...
                X