Cat lovers or not, can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got new cushions for my wicker furniture. I have put off getting any for a long time because every time I do our neighborhood cats, and there seem to be a lot of them, come over, lay on them, shed their hair, claw at them and pee on them. I am sick of this and I don't know what to do. I have looked online for an environmentally friendly, non-toxic solution and all I am really coming up with are things that shoot a spray of something at them if they come close, but we have a dog and I do not need him getting sprayed every time he just walks by, not to mention us. Does anyone have any ideas of something I could sprinkle on the cushions or near them to keep them away? Thanks!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

DO you have a petsmart or petco by you?? There is a spray that is a cat repellant you can put on the cusions, they just dont liek the smell of it so they stay away.
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Oh really? Okay. I figured that would have showed up online. Thanks, I will go tomorrow.....
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

A mild mixture of garlic and clove oil usually works pretty well when sprayed on furniture. The aroma tends to bother cats (with very sensitive noses) much more than humans. A spray bottle of just plain old water won't hurt the cat, but they hate it. Just keep the bottle handy and only spray them when they are on the furniture. They will learn that being on the funiture means a spritz in the face, and will decide to sleep other places. It takes a bit of time, but usually works.

I don't know. Cats are all crazy. Hope this helps.
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Lushy, I just posted and it disapeared. I'll try again. I use a product called Boundaries, that is a spray for indoor/outdoor that I got at Pet Club. It smells like cilantro. It is supposed to keep cats off furniture and carpet. We use it because our cats scratch at our stair carpet. It seems to work. Good luck- that is a nasty problem
          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Oh thats terrible, and not even your own kitties.
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

A spray bottle of water and vinager works well. Spray the furniture. Yikes, why are your neighbors letting their cats run wild, that's terrible, there are so many dangers out there for kitties.
              Meow-Meow
              MonaKitty

Comment

I have heard if you put moth balls around your property, cats will stay away? Sounds pretty awful to this sweet kitty.
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

Wow! You guys must have BIG moths!

Comment

Does that come from the joke, if you have one moth ball in one hand and another moth ball in the other.........lol

Lushy, you need to make hats out of the pussies.....I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!! DON'T KILL ME!! Attached files [img]/converted_files/254984=1044-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

you know those plastic runners you put on high traffic areas on carpet? the clear stuff with the platic points on it. take some of that cut and put on the furniture point side up when you are not using it. it wil not hurt them but it is uncomfortable. dont forget to pick the up before you sit down lol. they should last you forever. good luck

Comment

Flip. Your'e Back!!

Hey flip, have missed you!!

Was about to say, I don't have a cat anymore, my beloved cat Shuska died about 6 years ago, now I have two little doggies who bring me heaps of love and joy, I just love animals, not fussed which kind, but I know if I give them too much freedom they'll take advantage, like most 2 year olds, so I say a "STERN NO" and they understand they have crossed the line and then they look suitably chastised, and they know how much I love them, they are my babies, I think this works with cats too, maybe not as well, because they have better self esteem and tend to look at you and say F^*9K you, but I do beleive they understand just as well, and take it on in their own time, lol.

Love Jas.

YAY FLIP YOUR BACK!!!
                        :thanks: :h

Comment

I just looked up cat repellent & laughed at this cat hater....

cat control, Cat Control, CAT CONTROL, cat control, Cat Control, CAT CONTROL, cat removal, Cat Removal, CAT REMOVAL, cat trapping, Cat Trapping, CAT TRAPPING, cat repellent, Cat Repellent, CAT REPELLENT, cat control, cat repellent, cat spray problem,

Would hate to have a cat & have this person as a neighbor-but does offer many different things you can get.
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Yep - heard they don't like the moth balls. Most of the people I know have them in their gardens to keep the cats out.

I also had a neighbour who sprinkled cayenne pepper around the area where the cats did their thing. It worked very well. This was the last straw for him before bringing out a rifle. Just wouldn't want to accidentally get the pepper on your hands and rub your eyes!

Petsmart/Petco do have an environmentally friendly spray. I used it last summer. It really didn't work that well. The male cats in the neighbourhood still marked their territory where I sprayed it.

It is pretty sad people let their cats run ramped. Don't people listen to Bob Barker???!!! If they fixed their animals this wouldn't be a problem, I think.

Comment

The most innapropriate answer of the thread given why we are here:

Cats hate the smell of alcohol, so just keep open fifth bottles near your furniture.

*runs and hides*
                              Suddenly I see
                              This is what I want to be
                              suddenly I see
                              Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Working...
                              X