Cat lovers or not, can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I learned so much from all of you. You are better than Googling anyday. I am going to put fifths of vodka, moth balls, cayenne pepper and the pokey plastic Mojo suggested all over the place. That won't take away from the ambience I am trying to create!!! No seriously, those were all great tips. I am going to try most of them (except for Flip's) and see what works. Will let you know. Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it....

P.S. Breez, that is some site. Talk about being a non cat lover. I am going to check it all out though...thanks.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I know open empty wine bottles, moth balls help keep deer away from gardens (excpet here in Hunterdon Cty where the deer are used to every trick inthe book). I never heard of this for cats. I say get the book "1000 Ways to Kill a Cat"!

Oh -- for strays around here I have a very, very large uzzi squirt gun. My son used to dump water on their heads from upstairs window. I think as long as you don't feed them you should be able to get rid of them.

How come you haven't called your neighbors?

Comment

I have no idea who they belong to. And there are 4-6 different ones. I just squirted water and vinegar on the cushions as suggested by Monacat and will see if that helps. I already had to scare two of them off of there today.....grrrr...........we have a nice sunny porch, why wouldn't a cat want to laze around there all day long?

Comment

Here's what you need to do Lushy.... Have cats of your own to establish territory. Oh, and it just so happens my cat had 4 babies last Friday! I'll bring them to you when we walk at the lake!! (he he he)

Ok, if that doesn't work... a friend saw a coyote in her yard the other day, hunting her cat. Just a few blocks from here (the island is teeming with wildlife in residential areas, thanks to all the damn condos). We could catch the coyote and give it a new home in your neighborhood!
          Hugs,
          imatree

Comment

Lushy, how about buying a big dog?
            Meow-Meow
            MonaKitty

Comment

I have a dog but we do not let him out without us because we do not have a fence in our front yard (will be getting one this summer). So far no cats since I sprayed the vinegar on there.....

And thanks for the offer of the kitties Ima, but I am (shhh) not a cat lover. And my hubby is allergic to them, although he would have 10 of them if I would let him.

Comment

Oooh so the vinegar is working?? Verrry interesting - I may have to spray some venegar on some areas of my house where my cat likes to scratch.
                Keep us posted on the progress Lushy!
                Darn felines!
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Well I'll be damned. Two cats sitting on my front porch but NOT in my nice new comfy cushions; they are sitting on the porch floor. Funniest thing I have seen. Will check in tomorrow with another "better not get on my wicker chair cushions or you are toast" update.

Comment

My daughter tries to keep her dogs off the furniture while she's at work so bought a sofa screamer. It screeches it an animal jumps on it. The dogs no longer try to jump on the couch. Also, ditto all of the above.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Just thought of something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mouse Traps !!
                      At home the dogs know they cannot go on the couch but at camp they can.... Although when they are wet from a swim and I'm not there to watch them I just load a couple mouse traps, show them what I'm doing and Voila !! They will not go on the couch... A mouse trap will not seriously injure in anyway a cat, but I'll be surprised if you can "catch" the same cat twice... Seems harsh, but.... I think that what they are doing to your beautiful cushions is terrible.. That is a smell that even febreeze would have a hard time up against.. ha !! ha!! P.S. I have a kitty and I love her to bits.. She is strictly in the house though... Good Luck!!! ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Mouse traps are an interesting idea, although I would worry my daughter would mindlessly go out there and snap herself. I might look into the alarms, if they are not too loud, if the vinegar does not keep working. So far so good. Thanks all your tips!!

Comment

You cannot hear the alarms- human ears canno detect the sound. It is called the Screecher or Screacher I believe.

Personally, I do not see the problem though-

Chill.

Comment

You don't see a problem with random cats ruining, clawing, scratching and peeing on my cushions to the point we cannot use them? Duck, I take back what I said about loving you on another thread. I don't. Never did. Never will.

Comment

ok, no worries.

Comment

I am NOT laughing right now because I could care less that you could care less.

Comment

Working...
                                X