Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Hello All---

I'm baaacckkkk! And very happy about it.

I had to do another registration since I forgot my oassword and never got a response to reset it.

All is well here in NC. Sober for quite some time, and marvelling every day about how nice that is!

My daughter arrived in early May. Out of the Navy and having a baby! Living with me and it's very interesting to say the least. If a wailing infant doesn't drive me to drink... HAHA
    Just kidding. I'll manage. Exciting time. It's a girl due in about 8 wks.

I hope everyone is doing well. I SO missed being here.

Peace and Love

Ann

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Hey Ann! i've wondered about you,thank goodness everything is o.kand congats on the new baby(when she comes)so what else is going on?sorry to carry on but i've missed you so,please keep in touch
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Welcome back!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Hey Pauly---

Thank you! I've just been carrying on as usual. One funky thing though-I have become a bit fat! But of course that's better than being drunk...
        I have joined up with a weight loss program since I sweem to be unable to deal with it on my own. So that will be OK.

I moved last October to a place I love, and if I had known what was going to happen I would have gotten a bigger place. But it will all work out in some fashion. I'm pretty excited about it actually.

My daughter is very happy with the sober me. I remember how my own mother's drunkenness was SO awful and I'm glad she doesn't have to tolerate that.

xoxo

Ann

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Hey Ann!! So happy to see you again!!! Many have asked about you, you have been missed!!!! XXOO, B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Godd to hear that you are doing well, Ann.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Great to see you!!! So happy to hear that you are doing so well. :h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

WOW! GOOD TO BE BACK!

Reading posts here has helped me already! I can SO relate to a lot of them.

One thing that bothers me a bit is that I will not be able to see my granddaughter grow up to be an adult. Fatalistic mindset sort of...

This thought doesn't make me want to drink but it is rather depressing if I let myself dwell on it. Which I try not to do.

Still have antabuse and see no harm in taking it. It keeps me sane.

You guys are wonderful and I have missed being here.

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Hi Ann!! So nice to see you and happy for you, too!!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Hi and welcome back Ann. Good to hear all is well and congrats on the soon to be grand daughter. Why are you worried that you won't see her in to adult hood? I'm sure you will if you live a healthy booze free life but odat. I had the same problem when I forgot my password I got no reply when I requested to change it so I had to rejoin again and change my online but as close as I could from firefox to foxy.
                    If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Ann! Oh how I've missed you my friend! So happy about your daughter and the baby coming!
                      I've had some slips and dips but recently 3 weeks sober with a slip (dive) on vacation. Back on the Antabuse and today is day 3.
                      I think of you often and I'm so happy to see you!!
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Thanks Nursie!

So glad to hear that you are doing well! My daughter hates me drinking and she doesn't have to since I don't so it LOL

She has the audacity at times to be disrespectful to me, which is absurd. Like the expression Don't Bite the Hand That FEEDS you--
                        Most of the time it is OK. She is still a bit immature at 25 on certain issues. THe baby daddy will not be around much. He is in the Navy so we'll see.

In the meantime all is well. Starting a strange diet tomorrow so that should be interesting.

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

hiya Ann Carolina ..hows you doing?
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

Hey Mick

Hey there! All is well here in NC

I've been hanging out wi our mutual friend Trish. She is just great.
                            My daughter and I got to spend some time with her on the 4th of July.

We are nesting here, waiting for the baby. I frankly don't remember how to take care of an infant so I'm hoping it comes back. Just hanging on and hoping for the best.

Happy to be back here!

Ann

Comment

IT'S ME-ANN CAROLINA

hiya Ann...glad things are doing ok for you....glad you enjoyed yourself when you met up with Trish..hey youll be right when little un is born..it'll all come back to you rapido chuffed your on track :goodjob:
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X