Still Grateful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Grateful

As I was having my morning coffee today, I suddenly realized that I recently marked my 4th year anniversary of being AF! I guess I just take it for granted anymore but that does not make me any less thankful or grateful for all of the support I received from so many of you on this site. I really need to thank all of you from the depths of my heart for being there for me and guiding me through the process of breaking my dependency on and abuse of alcohol for 30+ years.

Also, I recently celebrated another milestone - my 60th birthday!! My life is so much better now that I am no longer under the fog of alcohol abuse and I feel very grateful that I have put myself in charge of controlling this monster.

So, to all of my MWO friends who are still out there I want to simply say 'Thank You'. And, for those of you who are still trying to come to terms with your relationship with alcohol, I submit to you that I am a living example that you can do this, too!

John
    John
    AF since 7/13/2010

Still Grateful

John, your post gave me a big smile! CONGRATULATIONS on your continued sobriety and the priceless quality of life that comes with it!

Comment

Still Grateful

Great to see you John.

Congratulations mate. Great stuff and keep raawkin.

You are an inspiration. All the best bro.

Greg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Still Grateful

Thank you for sharing your milestone with us! I hope that one day, I too can post a 4 year AF journey!

Patty
        "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
        so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
        :hug:

Comment

Still Grateful

Wow, what a great post to read. Thank you.

Comment

Still Grateful

Well done and thanks for sharing John.
            If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

Still Grateful

John!!!:l:h It is SO great to hear from you! Congratulations on your 4 plus years of AF living. You ARE such a good example to many people here, including me.:l Thank you for popping back in to say hello.

xoxo
              Rusty

Comment

Still Grateful

CONGRATULATIONS!! Thanks for sharing. :l:l:h
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Still Grateful

:wd: Hi John & CONGRATS to you!!!!!
                  Very nice to hear from you

Happy 60th to you as well. I had the honor of turning 60 myself & grateful to do it with a clear head
                  Stay well!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Still Grateful

Yay you, from the 60 club. I'm a couple of years behind you on the AF countdown, but the AF is the important part.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Still Grateful

Wow, you have four years under your belt. So happy for you. I'm close to you in age and I hope to be three years sober at age sixty. I am very grateful to you for posting. It gives me the momentum to keep going. Congratulations.
                      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Still Grateful

John,
                        Another great post tonight! Congratulations on your 4 years AF and new life. And happy 60th!
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Still Grateful

John,
                          Lovely to hear from you and that you are doing so well. Happy 60th. Keep in touch.
                          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Still Grateful

Congratulations on both accounts!!!!
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Still Grateful

Oops
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X