Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tingling Back of Head

Good morning MWOuters,

Finally got sober after 4 weeks in detox and inpatient rehab. Going through PAWS right now (38 days sober). Experiencing a tingling sensation on the top/back part of my head.

Anyone else experience this? Because the therapist at my Intensive Outpatient Treatment program had no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks for any idea.... wondering if I'm going nuts, or if this is common. And how long to expect it to last, because it's driving me crazy!

Renee in PA
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Tingling Back of Head

I've had that occasionally including yesterday when I thought about it and decided the tingling was too close to the surface of my head to be a brain tumour. I'm almost 100 days sober. Unless it's really bothering you I wouldn't think too much of it. I never thought it had much to do with sobriety until you mentioned it....
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tingling Back of Head

Thanks SS.... I agree, I shouldn't dwell on it. It's actually not even occurring today, but it was so prevalent yesterday.

One day at a time!
      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Tingling Back of Head

Hi Rainy! I'm glad you posted this...
        About week 3 or 4 AF, I got this terrible whooshing in my ear and the strangest feeling in the back of my neck. I couldn't even give it a name but it was like you explained, sort of tingly. I even went to the ENT and he didn't have any idea what it was. It took about 2 weeks (so about 6 weeks sober) before it went away. Mine was pretty constant though.

I'm closing in on 90 days now and FINALLY I'm starting to feel normal. I can tell you from my personal experience....it has been worth all the little weird adjustments my body has had to make getting sober. Hope your head feels better soon.

Comment

Working...
        X