SPAM and RJ update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPAM and RJ update

I think its a threat because it clogs the site so much. Its become almost unnavigable for those who are new to the site. Often there is an error message when one tries to log on. I don't know if this to do with spam or whatever.

In my opinion someone (or some people) with vision, time and expertise may need to launch a new similar site (this will take time) and ask for RJ's support to do this (copyright and acknowledgement). It couldn't be the same and old posts would probably be lost - we would have to reenroll.
    The important thing is that the site would adher to similar principles of tolerance and diverses ways of dealing with AL problems. It could be called something like 'Our Way Out'.
    A new site would require subscriptions, probably advertising and need to be moderated.

Comment

SPAM and RJ update

I've benefitted a lot from this site, but it would feel like donating to a sinking ship. The improvements need to occur before most people will give money, I believe.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

SPAM and RJ update

Sunbeam;1697319 wrote: I've benefitted a lot from this site, but it would feel like donating to a sinking ship. The improvements need to occur before most people will give money, I believe.
        I agree 1000%. You can't expect people to donate or subscribe to something that seems to be abandoned. I have said over and over, I will donate or subscribe once we know someone is doing something. I want this site to be here forever and help others like it did for me. When we know the plan and see involvement, I promise you I am going to subscribe.

From what I hear from others, it is not easy to set up a subscription right now because of flaws in the site.
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

SPAM and RJ update

It is confusing what to do?
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

SPAM and RJ update

Kradle123;1697118 wrote: Alky et all... I must admit that I don't understand why The spam is such a big concern...it looks like just random nonsense posts to me which are easily scrolled through and ignored...

I'm must be missing something about this I'm sure....is Spam something bigger and more ominous than just a bunch of inconvenient , jibberish posts???

Please forgive my ignorance. I want to understand why everyone thinks this stuff is such a huge threat...
            :l:h
            Kradle, I think you ask a legit question. I believe that the threat really comes from seeing there's an absentee administration. Spammers are the result of an un-secure and un-monitored site. In my "internet paranoid" mind, that is not a good thing. That's just me....
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

SPAM and RJ update

Eloise;1697351 wrote: It is confusing what to do?
              There I think are lots of sites for the purpose of quitting drinking. I feel connected to people here, but if this went down I probably would be OK at this point. If I started to feel wavery, I would jump right on another site.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

SPAM and RJ update

I have to say a HUGE thank you to RJ or whoever cleaned up the spam. I see none today and I think much of has been deleted.

I will make good on my promise and subscribe to this site. I just needed to see some action and involvement.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

SPAM and RJ update

spam reported
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                  X