Simply Sober September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply Sober September

Hi, to all you month-at-a-time super heroes.

I think Skull is on vacation, so I'll get us started for September. The ninth month - I love the number nine - it can do so many cool things.

Who's up for a sober September?

Pav

Simply Sober September

Oh Pav with much thought and pondering i decided Nope. Oh shite, okay i will do sober September just to keep my quit buddy happy.

xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Simply Sober September

Yes Mam!

Hello everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi Pav & all....

I want to "try" to stay sober this month but I'm scared. I have been able to stop during the week but always seem to use at least one day to drink on the weekend. Of course this past weekend I totally indulged but something weird happened as I felt sick after my usually amount of drinking. Like my body was saying that is enough. I managed to drink over this feeling twice but Sunday I gave up and went to bed early in stead. Which I sorely needed anyway.

I never have very good luck staying sober and everyone always recommends medication which you know I have tried. I'm going thru the guilt of posting the same ole things time and time again worrying that people get sick of hearing me. That keeps me from wanting to communicate here.

I just want to keep trying and trying if that is what it takes. I will have an AF week cause I have been trying to be a good mom during the week. I drank last TH which bugged me. I will not be drinking this TH & will be giving a AF weekend a shot. I would sincerely like to stay sober til Thanksgiving.

Hi G & Ava....

Comment

Simply Sober September

Who better to start us off in September than our 9 months sober milestone gal?

I'm in!

Comment

Simply Sober September

I'm in for Sept...I almost committed to August, then chickened out..I feel much better about Sept now
            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Simply Sober September

bkyogagurl;1700580 wrote: Hi Pav & all....

I'm going thru the guilt of posting the same ole things time and time again worrying that people get sick of hearing me. That keeps me from wanting to communicate here.
              Hiya BK. I am one of the biggest broken records 'round here. Stop start stop start.......but when i keep coming back i find nothing but support and cheerleading. So don't let your lapses stop you getting back on the horse posting here for support. It's good to stay connected.

Yo Pavi! 9 months. Go gal!

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Simply Sober September

BKY and G-
                Also a broken record but need jump in and fix this mess. I'm in for Sober September!

Comment

Simply Sober September

Sharky;1700698 wrote: BKY and G-
                  Also a broken record but need jump in and fix this mess. I'm in for Sober September!
                  Right on Sharky. You can do it. Good to see you here.

G

Comment

Simply Sober September

Thanks G!!! Good to be back on. Need to make this stick. Love your posts!

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi guys, back from my long-weekend getaway. Thanks Pav for getting this party started!!!

BK, I hope you believe that we love ya around here and just want you to keep posting, no matter how "good" or "bad" you're doing- it can be a rollercoaster and we've all experienced it and or are experiencing it. Just stop worrying bout that stuff my friend- you're one of us no matter what

Same goes for Guitarista and Sharky, "broken records" or not, just keep hanging out and posting, and we'll all just do our best, ya know??

I'm glad you're all here posting! Don't go away.

As for me, I spent a lovely weekend with my GF, celebrating her 40th bday with an island getaway. She had wine, I had coffee and iced tea. Part of me did want to drink but I knew that hangovers would ruin the vacation so I was able to move past it. I'm happy now with how it went. I'm happy now to be back to regular life and regular posting here on MWO.

Best to all, hope everyone's having a nice week.

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi, all:

Oh, Pie, I didn't even think of that. So many 9s! Thanks for the congratulations.

BK - You come back any and always. You'll tame this beast eventually. I felt that way at the end of my drinking, too. Alcohol was affecting me in all sorts of weird ways - sometimes taking a lot to feel anything, and sometimes taking nothing at all. I got sick once or twice - something that NEVER happened to me. You are a good person - alcohol is the beast. Kick it to the curb.

Hiya, G. Your presence cheers me up. You're in a groove - let's keep it that way.

Welcome, Sharky. Settle in. We don't bite if you don't.

Skull - sounds like a nice vacation. What would one glass of wine do anyway? You're so close to one year sober - why give that up now??

Happy 9/3 everyone.

Comment

Simply Sober September

Man I love you guys... Thanks for the kind words. I am doing good tonight with not a problem being sober.
                          Been having some trouble sleeping tho... Weird dreams and stuff.. I am so very tired right now but it seems when I close my eyes my mind races. I do my best to think of good things and positive talk til I nod off. Good night my sweet friends.
                          Xoxo

Skull man- what a refreshing thought to be on vacation NOT drinking. ...
                          :thumbs:

Comment

Simply Sober September

Pav- yep, I was thinking the same. I'm less than 60 days shy of a year sober now, so why not go for it? I can always drink after that, if I want to that badly...

BK- yeah, it was nice to be on vacation and not drink, mostly because it was nice to not have that desperate feeling of "oh shit only half a beer left, where's the waiter, where's the liquor store, what time is it, can I still buy more, blah blah blah " and not really be present in the moment with my GF. All that drunk monkey chatter, the addiction only worrying about refeeding itself, is always so tiresome. And of course, I was happy to not be hungover all day long, too anxious and sick to get off the couch and to go do the activities that I'd planned- whale watching boat tour, horseback riding, and touring aboard an old 1800's style sailing ship, complete with booming cannons. All stuff my GF has wanted to do for months, I'd booked those activities, and if I was hungover I would have missed them... my GF would have had to go on her own, by herself, to all her birthday activities. How sad that would have been. Either that, or in the chance that I could have accompanied her, I would have been sick and anxious, hating life, gritting my teeth through each moment while pretending to enjoy it.

Anyway, I'm happy with how it went. She had a lovely time and felt truly loved and cherished, and we had lots of laughs and took lots of great pics. Sober life truly is so much better, even though I sometimes think otherwise- I know that's just my addiction trying to break me. Life is good.

Best to all!

Comment

Simply Sober September

Pavati;1700459 wrote: Hi, to all you month-at-a-time super heroes.

I think Skull is on vacation, so I'll get us started for September. The ninth month - I love the number nine - it can do so many cool things.

Who's up for a sober September?

Pav
                              Hi Pav -Thanks for the September start up.

The number 9s and the 3s for me. Great reminder.

Comment

Working...
                              X