Simply Sober September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply Sober September

skullbabyland;1701581 wrote: BK- yeah, it was nice to be on vacation and not drink, mostly because it was nice to not have that desperate feeling of "oh shit only half a beer left, where's the waiter, where's the liquor store, what time is it, can I still buy more, blah blah blah " and not really be present in the moment with my GF. All that drunk monkey chatter, the addiction only worrying about refeeding itself, is always so tiresome. And of course, I was happy to not be hungover all day long, too anxious and sick to get off the couch and to go do the activities that I'd planned- whale watching boat tour, horseback riding, and touring aboard an old 1800's style sailing ship, complete with booming cannons. All stuff my GF has wanted to do for months, I'd booked those activities, and if I was hungover I would have missed them... my GF would have had to go on her own, by herself, to all her birthday activities. How sad that would have been. Either that, or in the chance that I could have accompanied her, I would have been sick and anxious, hating life, gritting my teeth through each moment while pretending to enjoy it.

Anyway, I'm happy with how it went. She had a lovely time and felt truly loved and cherished, and we had lots of laughs and took lots of great pics. Sober life truly is so much better, even though I sometimes think otherwise- I know that's just my addiction trying to break me. Life is good.
    What a most beautiful thing to share... What inspiration you are providing as well. I am so proud of you Skull. And appreciate that you hang out here inspiring and movtivating others... but me most of all. I can't believe its almost been a fucking year for you... WOW
    super AWESOME my man. HULK!

I had a really awesome day so far... I definitely will not be drinking today. I am trying not to give to much thought to drinking as in why I'm not or what's going to happen when I do.. just staying sober for today and feeling extremely fine doing so...
    I am in general trying a little harder not to over think things.. know what I mean..
    Just finding my happiness in the little things of the day.

Hugs to all.:l

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi all, I'm in for September.

BKYoga, I, too, have made numerous efforts. Pinecone had the best advice "hang in there."

Happy to report we have completed 400+ miles and have less than 75 miles to finish this major expedition. I think it's now 96 consecutive AF days for me -- losing track of what day it is
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Simply Sober September

Great thread and early enjoying the positive motivation! Thanks everyone for all the advice that you al post. I too feel great these past couple day and need to start the plan for the weekend which is typically my major trouble spot. Looking and planning on making it through.

Pav - I won't bite unless I bite myself for drinking which I won't do!

Comment

Simply Sober September

bkyogagurl;1701675 wrote: What a most beautiful thing to share... What inspiration you are providing as well. I am so proud of you Skull. And appreciate that you hang out here inspiring and movtivating others... but me most of all. I can't believe its almost been a fucking year for you... WOW
          super AWESOME my man. HULK!

I had a really awesome day so far... I definitely will not be drinking today. I am trying not to give to much thought to drinking as in why I'm not or what's going to happen when I do.. just staying sober for today and feeling extremely fine doing so...
          I am in general trying a little harder not to over think things.. know what I mean..
          Just finding my happiness in the little things of the day.

Hugs to all.:l
          Thanks for the awesome words BK, I appreciate your comments. Yes things are often difficult for me, but going well overall

I am glad you had what sounds like an awesome sober day, finding happiness in the little things. RAWK!!

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi Sept Sober buddies,
            Quick report that Sept remains AF for me. Finished the "big backpack" -- 485 miles over 47 days of hiking with seven rest/weather days. With our "practice hike" we ended up doing 500+ miles of backpacking over 50 days. Lost some weight (don't know how much, may try to find a scale somewhere) and gained a fair amount of muscle, including those muscles that say "no thanks" to AL. We will start our road trip home tomorrow. Ready to be in one place for a while.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi Sober Septemberers! My big alcohol-free discovery so far this month has been cucumber-infused ice water. I make a fresh pitcher every few days, and keep it in the frig.

Yes, my life really is that exciting! :H

Pie

Comment

Simply Sober September

bquj iukkzngvytoh

I don't know what look high, did not write desire, even have much feeling! johnbryce com/HerveLegerDress php]Herve Leger Bandage Dress johnbryce com/HerveLegerDress php]Herve Leger Dresses The clandestine nature of her activities confirms this appnaalliancemi com/BottegaVenetaOutlet php]Bottega Veneta Mens johnbryce com/HerveLegerDress php]Herve Leger Sale I sorry, that the only things I can remember from what my Uncle Karl told me trailcosa co za/BottegaVeneta php]Bottega Veneta Bags exec-services com/BottegaVenetaCrossbodyBag html]Bottega Veneta Store Demand for his designs is high with his sunglasses being a 'must have' for celebr johnsonfamilychiropractic com/HerveLegerSale php]Herve Leger Bathing Suit Don the noise of exaggeration in the limelight, always love to elegant lavender, quiet light powder trailcosa co za/BottegaVeneta php]Bottega Veneta Bags Sale johnbryce com/HerveLegerDress php]Herve Leger Dress I have always liked to military police this kind of occupation troops, the distance so close, and can chat and soldier, psychological very happy appnaalliancemi com/BottegaVenetaOutlet php]Bottega Veneta Wallet Herve Leger Dresses I play the flute to the tune of the mume blossom song three times myworldlllll com/HerveLeger html]Herve Leger Bandage Dress Herve Leger Bandage Dress I would like four after the wind spirit, love in the sky mountain snow exec-services com/BottegaVenetaCrossbodyBag html]Bottega Veneta Crossbody
                wdrgxpdo exec-services com/BottegaVenetaCrossbodyBag html axhonknr

Comment

Simply Sober September

Great stuff FAL. What an experience!

Cruising along here, and sober. Hope all are happy and healthy in your own way.

Might try that beverage out Pie. Interesting. And a fair alternative to fizzy non AL drinks.

L8tr g8tr's. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Simply Sober September

Pie, how exactly you make this water? I want to malt it too
                    AF since 10/20/2013
                    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                    Meat free since 09/20/2008
                    ---------------------------------------
                    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Simply Sober September

Myluck;n2510082 wrote: Pie, how exactly you make this water? I want to malt it too
                      It's sooo easy, Myluck! Just peel and slice a cucumber, add to a pitcher, fill with water, and refrigerate. After a couple of hours just pour over ice in a glass. It's pretty, too! I think you could do this instead with lemons, oranges, etc. Enjoy!

Comment

Simply Sober September

That's a nice image, Pie- I bet the cucumber water IS pretty. Funny to think that such small sights would entertain me nowadays- life sure is different when you care about health I'm gonna make some of that soon.

How's everyone doing sober wise here? We're past halfway through September

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi everyone.. Adapting to the new site easy enough.

I am on track with my plan. Sad to say my closest friend who I told I was not drinking S-TH asked me last night to have wine with her....
                          I told her I wasn't drinking during the week and she said "I know"... She is having some relationship issues so I think she needed to talk. I
                          Did suggest a walk but she was already in wine mode.... I went thru a few scenarios in my mind... Like maybe I should make an exception because she has always been there for me... But then came down to ... I have to make my own conscious effort to stay true to my commitment. Even if I have to turn down friends who drink.. As we all know very well. On my my walk today I was thinking a lot about things & I thought I'm not a drunk... So why act like one I've got nothing to prove..

So anyway.. I am actually enjoying the week free from AL and after last weekend I'm thinking I am not in a hurry to feel like that again.
                          We will see what the weekend brings. It's only Wednesday and I'm not drinking today,

My icons aren't working dang it..

Comment

Simply Sober September

BK- very cool to hear about your listening to your rational mind and protecting the rules you've set for yourself. It's not easy to abstain when friends want a co-drinking partner... sounds like you were able to be a good friend for her without compromising your own boundaries. Nice

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi, Septembers:

FAL, as a fellow hiker I am envious and in awe of your trip. What a wonderful way to spend the end of the summer.

Hope the rest of you are grand.

Pav

Comment

Simply Sober September

Hi everyone I'm back home after a week out of town, at a wedding/family reunion. I'm off to compose an update on my thread, but just thought I'd check in here to say hi and I'm still sober, and glad for it- the weekend would have been much tougher if I spent it hungover.

Comment

Working...
                                X