Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLA

Hi all, boy have I been missing you!

Got back online just in time to go for my first ever trip abroad organised by my brother and his wife to cheer me up! Well, it was the worst two weeks in a long time, big family argument (nothing different there then) but he/they unfortunately, when I would not "do what I was told" played their Ace and took the kids away......... honestly all I did was say that her Mother was getting on my nerves - which she was but apparently I can't have an opinion (her mother wasn't there when I said it). What makes it even more hurtful is that they told me to find alternative accommodation in Spain and also for the night on the return journey in London... unbelievable, how on earth would I know even where to begin - however with support from family at home I booked a flight from Spain to Glasgow where friends were there to meet me and take me back home to Inverness - was so hurt I could not speak. I have spent a few days licking my wounds and now the anger and humiliation is settling down, they are due back today - God forgive them. The doubly whammy is them saying that I would not see the children (ok it was said heatedly as they could clearly not think of any reason why I shouldn't speak my mind) the children are my niece (4yrs) and nephew (2yrs) who I see almost daily and absolutely love the bones of them. I do not have children of my own (not by choice) which is known through my family (years of heartbreak but over now) and I cannot get over how they could do this, how could anyone be so cruel.

Anyway it is so good to be home and getting emotional support from pals and family members, especially good support from my other niece (28yrs) and nephew (25yrs) who incidentally are the children from a previous marriage of the same brother!

Ho hum - and on we go...

Love you all.

Lorna
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

OLA

So sorry about all of this Lorna, sending big hugs ....

Welcome Back, we've missed you ....

Love BB xxx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

OLA

Oh Lorna....I can see the heated words and know the regret is sure to follow when they return home BUT home on earth could they leave you stranded? OMG...they are heartless. You could have been hurt, they should have never one that...what if something serious had happened to you? I am a worldly woman and travel a good bit for business, but I have PLANS...know where and what before I leave and when I return, I am not just left stranded. What if you couldn't have found accomodations? That is just cruel, I am sorry...you are family. I wouldn't treat anyone that cruel and I can tell you I have travel with some people I wish I could lose.

Comment

OLA

Oh Tea, no one can hurt you like family, I know this so well.I don't think they will keep the the children from you as you said being said in the heat of the moment. Honestly Tea, so you said she was getting on your nerves. better than trying to drink your way through the trip, which is exlactly have done in the past. But telling you to find other accomdations without helping you. Inexcusable! He is your brother!! You are very fortunate to have other family and friends to help. Or else we may never had seen our beloved Tea again.Glad you back you have friends and family here always. I guess you could have became a gypsi and roamed the country side. (hehehe)
        Smiles Always
        Mar

Comment

OLA

Family can be so hurtful. Thank goodness you are resourceful enough to look after yourself. Nice to see you back on here.
          Love Waves
          Enough is enough

Comment

OLA

Oh Lorna.
            I really feel for you. Your first trip abroad too.
            I hope things work out for you.:l

Comment

OLA

Well....for what its worth.....we missed you too!
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

OLA

Glad to have the bouncing toast back! Sorry it turned out poorly, but thankfully your home safe.
                Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

OLA

Hi all, thanks so much for your support, I really need it right now. Wouldn't have been so bad but Bro's wife bad mouthing 'our' Mother all trip it was like a running commentary. I know I shouldn;t have said that HER mother was getting on my nerves, I know I shouldnt have said it but really didn;t expect the back lash and the venom that followed. I know I have you all and I really couldn't wish for any more.

L
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

OLA

Welcome back, Lorna. Sorry your trip ended badly. I can relate to difficult family members. We're pretty much a holidays only family (except for my parents). Thank goodness you had friends to help you find your way home. I would have been scared to death. I've only traveled once by myself. Look forward to hearing from you!

Julie

Comment

Working...
                    X