Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Maybe I'll give him a call.

Yes, yes. I got a sick sense of humor. But who here has never thought of giving Jack a call? Really? I thought about it a few times just in the last week. :H

I know normally you shouldn't laugh at suicidal depression. But, after a point, you just have to. ( sorry if anybody else is struggling with it right now, I've just become so apathetic about it over so many years.)

I'm curious to know what people's feelings are about taking one's own life. I think if somebody wants to die, let em. I don't know why Kevorkian got such a bad rap. Thoughts?
    where does this go?

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Yes Morrison, I heard he was out. In his case, and in the case of the people he was helping to die, whom I understand were mostly terminally ill people, I think they had every right to do what they wanted. Now, if there were some weird circumstances (they were under age, it was some weird "just for fun" fad), it would be much different. I think he got a bad rap.
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

I just re-read what you wrote. Get you hands off the phone buddy, or I'm flying down there to kick your butt personally! Sick sense of humor or not...I'm still kickin' your ass. And now it's just for fun!

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Didit. I do get depressed, but could never do that. I thought about it a lot though. I am on meds, and have been for a long time, since before I was an alcoholic. Obviously, all my drinking didn't help things. Made things worse. But, I'm so sick of getting this feeling, I have to be a smartass about it just as one of my coping mechanisms. I didn't post for a bit, cause I got in my weird place. I upped my meds, and maybe they'll be kicking in soon. See, I have problems beyond drinking, and I don't want to hijack the board with my mental issues. I did think it would be interesting to see what kind of opinions we would get on Jack, especially on this board.
        where does this go?

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Who is Jack Kervorkian ?? and what is he out of??

L
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Doctor Death. He helped people die. The assisted suicide guy.

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

For people who have a terminal illness....I am ok with it. After watching my mother die from cancer, I would have just as soon skip all that end stuff. And so would have she. Especially at the very end. The last few weeks were horrible.
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Morrison, I think its important that you do talk about your feelings about taking your life. You need to get that out. Laughing is ok too. And hopefully you see a therapist. I think so many people think about it. Its just so important to talk through those thoughts, and not act through it.
                hugs...

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

I hear Kevorkian is terminally ill. I wonder how he will go out of this world. He'll probably let us know on Sunday. I think he is going to be on "60 Minutes."

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Assisited suicide for extremely ill people, not anyone who just felt like dying.

My mom could have used him frankly.

He'll end up back in jail again because he is so dedicated to his cause.
                    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Thanks Gabs, I hadn't heard of him.

Morr - you ok? Yes we all have moments of 'oh what is the point of being here' sometimes 'the other side' seems so much more attractive BUT it passes..... different for sufferings that you wouldn't allow your pet to go through, ie Cancer etc. Morr when you are feeling this low let's start a thread on it? How would you feel about that? I certainly would post. Love to you. This is the place where we can discuss ANYTHING that is affecting us, we ALL have our own opinions which are accepted or ignored which is great, please don't go through anything on your own because you are NOT ever on your own.

Lxx
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

We have a guy (Dr Philip Nitschke.) in Australia who does the same thing, very controversial.

Personally I agree with it, there's no way we should suffer if we don't want to. My dog won't suffer like my father had to.
                        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

I second that tea. Great idea. We all get feelin bad sometimes. Morrison you would probably be suprised how much support you would have.

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

Morrison, Kevorkian is a little over the top but I totally support Oregon's law allowing those with terminal illnesses to have excessive drugs when within the last few weeks/months of life. My mother died in horrible pain because in this country we are so paranoid about people becoming addicted to drugs - as if it mattered when you are terminally ill. But Morrison, please listen to Tea. Yes, I have thought about it. But I also have family members who have actually done it and it is one of the cruelest things anyone can do to those they supposedly love. Are you ok right now?

Comment

Jack Kevorkian is Out!!

I think your problems go with you if you suicide. You no longer have a body but you have the same issues and are more frustrated because your spirit needs to be in a body to work through the problems and progress to the other side.

I strongly oppose suicide of course, but it is completely different for terminally ill in great pain. I do think Jack is the Angel of Death. Is ok by me in that case.

Comment

Working...
                              X