Drained......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drained......

Check out Brightfield's most recent post, - he has apologized and asked for forgiveness.

Eustasia- you are so smart and you see things in such an amazing vision, glad you have your professional sight to filter it. Hope you are feeling better.

Ripley, what can I say, stay with us.:h

Scooby, love you.:h
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Drained......

Hi BB, Nothing more to add that hasn't been said above. You are no-one else's 'sounding board' - we are a team! No-one should be expected to shoulder any one else's feelings, that is impossible.

Lorna xx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Drained......

hi bet..there is tyhe rescuer syndrome in some of us but it isnt possible to take on other peoples journeys..but we can support without getting emotionally drained.

Just read allen Carr.s easy way to control alcohol...a great book if only i could get to practice his philosophy.

Its what we know really deep down...Alcohol is a poison that adds nothing but devastation to our lifes///its all an illusion/brainwashing that it relaxes. brings pleasure etc.

he encourages us to see drinkers as on the slippery road that we started off on before we hit out of control mentally.

As many have said on here before willpower doesnt work as thats torture daily... we need to change our mind set about what alcohol really is(not what its promoted as). he says if we regularly feel we need to cut down/stop etc.. we are seriously problem drinkers.if drinkers tell us they can take it or leave it then why do it???

I related well to what he calls the smug..i havent had a drink for a month mentally.also"drinking in moderation is ok"..in other words alcohol is harmful so take care.!Ot the "i,m not drinking as i,m driving

he goes on ... remember you havent given up living...you have spent most of it in prison

due to alcohol.

If its a good day enjoy it BUT he states if its a BAD DAY how much worse could it get if we add alcohol to an already crap day..

Wish i could get going on getting the booze out of my life altogether really..then i wouldnt have the daily torment of always wondering if i will swallow the poison yet again.

How wonderful if today was the last day to self poison and i could get the mind set for me there is never a need to envy people who drink....they are all on the slippery slope too ..just at different stages maybe?)

1. There ar no benefits to alcohol whatsoever

2.There is no inherent flaw in us problem drinkers/alcoholics...we are just a victim in the chronic stages of the disease/alcohol abuse

3.It has to be all or nothing

he feels the willpower method leaves us with the indefinite period of desperation and misery trying to residt the cravings whereas alan Carrs way is the complete reverse....

he attempts to show us how to remove the brainwashing,,he gives instructions,

WHAT AN INSPIRING READ ..I RECOMMEND IT..IF ONLY TO GIVE A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE FROM ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS OR OTHER METHODS COMMONLY USED.

hope you enjoy the book..(hope one day soon by re reading it and this site i will get the message for me which is it has to be no more alcohol and that i can say that with happiness rather than "fear of failure syndrome"
        Sorry to go on just felt energised by this book/

regards Cassy

Comment

Drained......

Betty,

You give SOO much to us all out here - I honestly can say that I wouldn't have made it this far without you (recent minor deviation from plan notwithstanding )

But the others are right - you can't keep giving for ever - it is draining.

We all want to help when people are hurting - but we need to look after ourselves too.

So - take a nice comfy chair and put your feet up for a while - that is an order!

(Well - it is an order if it is OK with you, your fluffy and nice senior memberness )

Take care

Satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Drained......

Thankyou all soooo much, I have just re-read this thread and your kindness has left me in tears, so many lovely thoughts and words ..... I'm speechless ......

Love you all .........

BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Drained......

sorry about the extended posting..just got all excited reading the allen carr book and wanted to share in the hope it might help others.

Cassy

Comment

Drained......

Hi BB. There are a lot of wise words here and I could'nt add more. Just wanted to voice my appreciation of you too. :l
                A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Drained......

Lotsa Luv Betty - you deserve it. Glad you're feeling better.

Cassey, thanks for the reminder about the book. I have it but I just can't get into it. I did "cheat" and peek ahead a little and it looks good. First couple of chapters are slow - like I am today. I wonder why.

Comment

Drained......

Glad you're feeling better.
                    You try so hard for everyone here.
                    Thank you.
                    and Hi satori.
                    It's good to hear from you.

Comment

Drained......

Betty You're awsome! Don'tcha forget that!:l :l :l
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Drained......

Betty, Lots of good thoughts and posts here. I helps to see different points of view about most things in life. You just keep being yourself.

Sammys

Comment

Working...
                        X