Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oprah on Friday 6/1

Hello everyone,

I have not posted in quite a long time. Did any of you watch Oprah this past Friday? There was a family who had lost a 7 year old daughter in a drunk driving accident. It was devastating to watch. Brace yourself for this information -- the daughter's head was severed in the accident, and the mother told how she sat by the side of the road holding her daughter's head in her lap as the rest of her family was cut out of the car.
    I have not been able to get this story out of my mind; it's really bothering me as I, like many of you, have been behind the wheel with too much to drink. The other episode, with the young woman who was burned, was bad enough. This is worse.
    I know TV thirives on shock value, but Oprah's message is clear. If anyone wants to discuss it, please let me know.

I miss the MWO community and hope to be back on board in a better way.

Thanks and best to all of you,
    CS

Oprah on Friday 6/1

Yep. So many times I've tapped danced on a land mine. It's horrific. A young kid just killed a bunch of people out here too. Caravan of a family that got side swiped by a young kid, and killed most of them. It's so sad. To be able to get a "do over" in life, right? Doesn't work that way. Good post. We need to be reminded of things like this, as horrific as it is.
    where does this go?

Comment

Oprah on Friday 6/1

Thanks CS-

I agree this horror is a reality check and a reminder as what I am capable of and there but for the grace of god go i.

But, why does god's grace extend to me and did not to the other driver?

i do not get it. But thank God it was not me.

i also ponder why was i fortunate enough to be born into a loving family who could give me the best, when others are born into starving families in africa. I am thankful, and count my blessings, but i do not get it. how does GOD choose who is born into disgusting situations vs. who is born into a great situation with college paid for. this really has puzzled me for as long as i can remember.

Comment

Oprah on Friday 6/1

I wish to God I had not seen Oprah on Friday. It has seriously haunted me and will continue to do so for a long time. It was a horrific unfortunate accident, but I could have done without hearing such specific details.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Oprah on Friday 6/1

My cousin lost his head in a an accident. The guy driving, tired to face my uncle, but never could. He was a mess since it happened. My uncle said he forgave him. He knew Terry would be in pain forever. And, he was right.
          where does this go?

Comment

Oprah on Friday 6/1

I'm sure it was a sobering message. I am just not into Oprah she has gone from talk show hostess to wanting idoltry. Just me and my opinion.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Oprah on Friday 6/1

How horrible. I don't think I could live with myself if I ever did anything like that - not that I haven't been in that position.

Yesterday I got mad at hubby and left - thought I'd go to the bar and tie one on. I just drove around instead - I really don't like sitting in a bar drinking by myself.

Good reminder than the cost of a cab is never too expensive.

Comment

Working...
              X