Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking and Co-workers

Hey everyone!

What is it about having a couple of beers that makes us think that it is ok to call our co-workers on the phone?

On Friday there was drama at work, and I didn't go in cause I was working from another location. I couldn't sit back and not be a part of it though, could I? So I called my new manager and asked him a legit work question, then made sure to talk about the crap that was going on at work.
    I am so mature. Soooo, i feel bad because I should let the new manager form opinions for himself. Also, I don't want to be labeled a gossip. I just feel so "connected" to everyone after a couple of beers. It's dumb. Do you think that he knows I had been drinking?

Just wondered if anyone had any funny stories to share about drinking and possibly making an ass of yourself around co-workers.

Drinking and Co-workers

How much time have you got? There's the story where I threw up in my co-worker's back seat - her date loved that. Or I tried to fix my boss up with my mother. How about the one where I told an egotiscal co-worker I loved him (I meant as a friend, but he avoided me for a month). That's just off the top of my head.

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

OH dear the embarrassment, I once rang a co worker (whilst slightly under the influence)
      she did'nt realise, and thought my idea was great,only problem was I could'nt remember
      all that I had said. Done lots of other things too numerous to mention.
      Paula.

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

Oh Cke, I think it's the need to be connected to people that we all have, but hte alcohol helps it manifest itself. We are less inhibited, we want to feel valuable and in the know. Just put it behind you. He probably hasn't really thought about it since. I work for myself so I have no co-workers to call but man oh man have I made an ass out of myself with calling while drunk. Or how about this? blatantly flirting with the men at the next table while having dinner with my husband and friends.SO embarrassing!! you got nothing on me in any of these areas.. trust me.
        Smiles
        Mar

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

Drinking and the PHONE period are bad....I wish I would had just hid them from myself before hand. Half of it I can not remember and the half I can I wish I couldn't. How about having to check the phone to see who you even called cause you aren't sure if you called or if it were a dream...

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

Done that regularly!

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

I agree with the need to be connected. Just this past weekend I demonstrated that. How about the need to feel close to your husbands friends (that sober you can't stand) to the point that they think I am coming on to them and he tries to take you up on it. AHHH!!!
              I once told an entire table of co-workers the salaries of each person in my dept. Then proceeded to tell them which ones are good workers and which aren't. The Manager of the entire company was unfortunately present for that one. Since deciding to be sober it is amazing the embarrasing things I have done. But I doubt that anyone else is sitting and thinking about them as in depth as I am.
              Here we go again.

AL FREE since Saturday the 14th of March 2009

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

The need to be connected is one of our basic needs - I think Dr Phil said that (used to love him until he got too big for his own britches).

When I dislike someone, I try very hard to like them. I don't know if that makes sense - I don't like not accepting someone for who they are and always try to find the good in someone until they prove it is hopeless and I am wasting my time. I really dislike hurting people and feel like I do that when I don't accept them. Until I realize that I am not the center of the universe and they don't care whether I like them or not!

Paranoid, I used to be a supervisor too and have had some drunken "inappropriate" conversations. Luckily, none of my superiors were around, or they were being just as "inappropriate" as I was. You made me laugh about the jerk thinking you were coming on to him. That happened with another co-worker. Just being friendly - he thought more. It got all over the office - how embarrassing.

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

I've told you time and time again. . . DO NOT DRINK AND DIAL
                  If you watch late nite television you never know what the UPS man will bring next.
                  bear
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

My first company picnic I got drunk (at the time I was a functioning one) along with my future sister-in-law and taught all the head honchos the college drinking game "Up & down the river". So the following Monday that's all everyone talked about how drunk everyone got. I would see these head honchos in various meetings & would be introduced as "remember the girl who taught everyone the drinking game". Nice. It was fun at first but once my drinking progressed I always knew people suspected I had a problem with alcohol (coming into work all hungover or reeking of booze from the night before).
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

Thanks for all the replies, I am dying laughing over here. MORE MORE please.

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

MDBiker;144208 wrote: I've told you time and time again. . . DO NOT DRINK AND DIAL
                        If you watch late nite television you never know what the UPS man will bring next.
                        bear
                        Bear, I know....Drinking and Dialing is BAD! I'm telling you, I would make a killing with these breathalizers for the phone

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

Ha ha, also too many to remember, phoning a boss lady who I didn't find at all approachable at 'Hogmanay' to wish her a happy new year, co-workers do discuss in detail the day's meetings agenda (I don't mean work mates - I mean just people who were there) - Oh noooo, I even looked them up in the phone book to get their number (the shame !!). So grateful I have mastered how to 'brazen out' the day afters. Simey I nearly choked on your one, flirting with men while out with your husband/friends - have you ever told a man how you have always 'liked' him......... a man you haven't ever given a second thought - aaargghhh...

L xx
                          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

Tea-
                            So true...It wouldnt be so mad if you called your work pals. I did the same thing, I have to be inthe thick of everything....then I want to crawl into a hole the next day.

Comment

Drinking and Co-workers

This is sort of drink and phone related. I moved my desk and the phone wouldn't reach my desk so I had to sit it on the floor. (This is in 1984 OK) That Friday night a bunch of us went to Happy Hour. Th boss brings the new IT guy to Happy hour. I thought he handled the phones to so I said "hey do you have an extra long cord?"

People laughed about that for days . . .or maybe you had to be there.

Melissa
                              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X