Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

Hi all,
    Had first alcohol free given the meds that I have been given not as bad as I thought :goodjob:

2nd day totally different matter I'm up the wall, so agitated, won out and just can't be bothered myself let alone anyone else told my dad to go away and leave me alone he's 83yrs god love him I love him so much but I don't get much support its as though he just doesn't want to know I do believe its an era factor

Never mind got that out in the open feel better for it I'm getting good support form my support worker so that's helping :thanks:

You all take care

Mariex:thanks:

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

Hi Marie,during those first few days you will feel irritable,agitated,i have to distance myself from everybody,basically pretend i'm sick with the flu and just get it over with,glad you're here,you can do this
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

Take care mariec and glad that you have good support on hand. Keep posting here too

Comment

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

We're pulling for you, Marie! Stay strong and hydrated.

Comment

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

Hi Marie. What you are experiencing is one of the most difficult challenges that you will ever face. Should you choose to continue your journey to a drug free life, you will never-ever regret your decision for doing so. Peace to you -one hour at a time.

Comment

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

Hello and welcome. Like Spirit said, this is one of the most difficult challenges you will face. Alcohol and benzodiazepine withdrawals are the only drug withdrawals that you can actually die from, so it is good you have support and are not attempting to detox alone. As my therapist (25+ years sober) once sagely put it, "I might have another drink in me, but I sure don't have another withdrawal in me."
            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

detox 8.9.2014

Hi all a huge thank you for all your messages and support (: day three not getting any better so close to giving up how hard this is trying to keep busy that's all I can do thanks for listening xx

Comment

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

Think how good you'll feel in another few days, or another way to look at it is how you'll feel if you do give in "If I just hadn't had a drink I'd have x days and not having a drink didn't really take that much effort compared to having one".
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Detox 8.9.2014 1st day

Hang on, Marie! :l Think how good it will feel to have a successful detox in your rear view mirror.

Pie

Comment

Working...
                  X