Addressing the Reasons for drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beth, I'm sorry to hear about your neice too... so young. Tragic.

I think if you don't drink, you'll be better equiped to support your sibling/in-law and deal with the grief far better than in a cloudy haze.

Change - welcome to MWO If you find IrishLady's original post titled Reasons not excuses, it might help you work out what that little bit more, whether they are reasons or excuses. A 24 hour bottle shop around the corner... ouch!

With ref to your observation about less work at the moment vs drinking with the office job, I find it interesting that we are able to find ways to keep the drink up regardless. It speaks volumes for how alcohol controls lives.

Scoobs
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Change - below is the link to Irish's post

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...easons+excuses

Comment

Thank-you, reading it now.
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hi Scooby,
          I have been away from this site for a while as I started the MWO program with a bang...got the supps and the topa and stayed AF for almost four weeks. Then bam, I thought I could moderate and now for the last month I have been back to my nightly bottle of Pino Grigio.

As everyone states here, I am so tired of "thinking" about this all the time. It is just exhausting. And I feel most of the time that there is no hope for me to change.

However, when I read the posts, I realize there are so MANY of us that feel the same way that it makes me know that I am not crazy.

I did the topa and got up to 100 a day....can't do any more than that because the prescription can't be refilled but once a month. I am not taking it any more, as it just didn't work for me. As someone said, it is not a magic pill.

So I will keep reading and listening to all of you and hoping for change. You are all inspirational in your honesty and caring thoughts.

Thanks for letting me share..
          Peg
          It's a brand new day!

Comment

Peg, I think I though of Topa as being a bit of a magic pill too, which in part has made me realise that it's all in the psyche, so I'm glad thta I gave the Topa a go (even if it was only for 10 days).

Peg, 4 weeks is no mean feat. That should show you that you can jump back into that mode and zone... maybe strip it all away and take it back to basics to get the AF ball rolling again.

It is sooo frustrating thinking about it so much... it's actually worse than the hangovers in my opinion.

Why did you have the first glass after 4 weeks AF? What was the trigger for you? (I'm genuinely interested) You can analyse this and use it to your advantage.

Scoobs

Comment

Working...
            X