X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If onlys

Are you living a life of ?if onlys??

If only I had made better decisions.
    If only I had been brought up in a better family.
    If only I had spent more time with the children.

Sometimes this ?if only? thinking is projected onto others:

If only you hadn?t been so stupid.
    If only you had made more money.
    If only you hadn?t failed to understand our child.

?If only? thinking takes all of a person?s energy and emotions and uselessly spends that energy on a destructive rehash of the past?through the dank marshes of what might have been. This focus is so all-consuming that it leaves you without strength or motivation to resolve the past and move on to achieve your future. . . a future full of possibilities that God puts before you, that He wants you to take hold of.

?Even if you?re on the right track, you?ll get run over if you just sit there.? - Will Rogers (1879-1935)
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

If onlys

Put very beautifully southernbelle47 ...
    ~God Bless You and all Yours~ Niblet

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

If onlys

Yes SB, I am just now full of 'if only's'..... If only I didn't say what I did... if only. BUT I did and I am taking full responsibility for it - yikes even getting support from my other neices and nephews for standing up and saying what they WANTED to say and I didn't even know it..... which has brought me closer to them........... I am Still - I KNOW!

Thank you.

Lxxxxx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

If onlys

?If only? thinking takes all of a person?s energy and emotions and uselessly spends that energy on a destructive rehash of the past?through the dank marshes of what might have been. This focus is so all-consuming that it leaves you without strength or motivation to resolve the past and move on to achieve your future. . . a future full of possibilities that God puts before you, that He wants you to take hold of.

Again, I'm blown away. Great post southern. Head of nail, meet hammer. You nailed it.
        where does this go?

Comment

If onlys

Good post. Thanks
          bear
          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

If onlys

The past is gone...
            Tomorrow is not promised....
            That only leaves today..
            Have Joy!

Love,
            Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...