Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a dream that I was in rehab last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a dreamer at night. Dreams sometimes take up 50-90% of my night. (I want to get a Fitbit? to track my sleep someday to prove this fact!)

Last night, I went to rehab. My husband has finally grown accustomed to what I say in the morning about what I did last night. Like, "So Jason? You should have SEEN the party at the mansion last night!" In the beginning, he'd say "Did you really go to a party after I fell asleep, or was this a dream?" Now, he just nods when I tell him about Ireland, or skydiving, or like last night, rehab.

I think I may have been with my (deceased) dad. I told him, "Dad, I have to go to rehab today." He was totally okay with that. It was Sunday morning (today). So I went and checked myself in. $180 a day, they said. I was like, 'that sounds reasonable', so I settled in. Suddenly I realized that I had to go to work on Monday, and asked them if they had a 'day camp' sort of option, and they said they did. I couldn't afford $180 a day for a week, or two, or four.

I was talking to someone (counselor? peer?) about my drinking habits. I said, "You know, I just need to stay here today. Just get my 'habit' to not be a 'habit'. I go through a whole day of work without giving it a thought. I am here today because I want a break for a day on the weekend."

The ending of the dream was that while I had a respite for awhile, needed to go back to work on Monday, wishing I could afford to stay to get all of my ducks in a row, but left for home and work on Monday.

When I dream, especially when the dreams don't make sense (and sometimes they're REALLY wild!) I always ask myself what I was *feeling*. Was I scared? Empowered? Having a great laugh? Feeling picked on or vulnerable?

I guess in this dream, I felt okay. Like, "I need to do this" and "I CAN do this" and like I have really been over-thinking things.

The end.
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Hi Nic,

If you feel you need to shake things up and go to rehab, go for it.

Best wishes, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
    X