• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 22nd Sept

Morning all.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Hello
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Ktabbers.
      I can hear an echo...........echo...........echo.........echo... ......
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

i clicked on new topics and lo and behold. there werent any. including this thread. this thread is not new..............

i saw rj's post last night about all these glitches mean another upgrade.

Comment

i blunder around and pick a 'topic'. hate that word for some reason. loads out there i havent seen and difficult to keep tabs on where ive posted, so it looks like im a post and run girl.

Comment

Good morning Mollymoo and Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyy,
            I've got 2 tabs open ............one exclusively for the Army and the other so I can have a nosy around the rest of the boards.

Guess where I'm off to this morning...................go on its not hard..............yep the dentist again............sigh.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning all, just been to the doctors and been told officially that my gastroscopy was clear. When I came back Mr A all concerned wanted to know how i had got on. I told him that the GP had said if I had any alcohol it could cause me massive damage. (TRUE) Feeling very happy of to Liverpool and an AA meeting

Comment

anon;n2513520 wrote: Good morning all, just been to the doctors and been told officially that my gastroscopy was clear. When I came back Mr A all concerned wanted to know how i had got on. I told him that the GP had said if I had any alcohol it could cause me massive damage. (TRUE) Feeling very happy of to Liverpool and an AA meeting
                Morning All !!
                A little porky Ms A - does not harm at all to get them off yer back !
                Does Mr A know about AA :egad:

Comment

Morning army mils and sunny here so far. Well done on the all clear Mrs A and good luck at the dentist Jc. I have some one coming this afternoon to show me sample for a wood floor for my bedroom. Hopefully a good price too. happy Monday.
                  If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.:heart:

Comment

hello lovelies, just pooping in to say 1000 days Molls, woo hoo and fark yes! i hope its 1000 days anyways or if not who cares! Bout to hit the hay, busy day and Monday here.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

mollyka;n2513531 wrote: you'll find life easier if you get himself onside Mrsa ---
                      Methinks Mr A is the same as Mr S - couldn't entertain the fact that we can have a problem with alcohol. Best to just pretend it's not happening.
                      I know Mr S prefers to think it was a lifestyle choice for me. Never mentioned the 'A' word & that's fine with me - I do not want a label hanging off my neck for years to come.
                      If they prefer to think that & tell their family / friend it's a health / lifestyle choice then so be it ...
                      Let them live in their bubble I say.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2513539[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n2513538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n2513540[/ATTACH]

well done molly! Attached files [img]/converted_files/2513537=7916-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2513537=7918-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2513537=7919-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

mollyka;n2513554 wrote: Thanks Ava and Roxy (who's yer man??)

yeah -- I s'pose so --- BUT -- I'm very defensive of the use of the 'A' word ;-) -- I am SO proud of the fact that I AM an alcoholic who is in recovery --- like genuinely mindblowingly proud --- and the odd time Adam would almost whisper 'the word' -- it makes me really really cross --- to me it would be like whispering that I'm a 'woman' -- but until I got to that mindset it was a grubby little secret --- I was to be pitied almost........ it was essential for me to see myself like this - AND for my family to see me in the same way --- really really important....... maybe that's just me tho ---- I've said it here before --- but I remember my counsellor talking about himself as an alcoholic -- (he was in recovery for 20+ years) and I asked him was he not afraid of people in the small town he lived in 'knowing' about him --- he just said he would have 'my name is D and I'm an alcoholic' tattooed on his forehead if it was necessary.........................................
                          Yes and you know the further I get into this the more I really don't care what others think.
                          The difference is mixing with like minded people Molls.
                          If the 'A' word has never been used or you do not mix with anyone who is an alcoholic then to be the odd one out is hard. It's misunderstood . You are 'different'.
                          ye'know

Oh feck it ! I know what I'm trying to say but not getting it across
                          I just know that being an alcoholic is not something to shout about in my family or extended family or work .

Comment

i get what you say satz. its a dirty word to them and as such, by being one, we are therefore dirty to them. we know were not so we dont like to use the word because of the connotations.

its all about the image.

oliver reed.

Comment

Molly, wanted to sneak over and wish you a happy 1000th day!!!! (the Prize Patrol never sleeps!!)
                              :crazymonkey::crazymonkey::crazymonkey:
                              1000 days of NO crazy monkey on your back!!!
                              Good Golly, Miss Molly, this is amazing!!
                              I'm so glad we're friends, you are such an asset to MWO!!! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X