A Message from RJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Message from RJ

After being away from the forum a while (with life 'n stuff) it's really nice to be back in the saddle. Unfortunately, I've had to dedicate most of my past few months here focusing primarily on software upgrades, fundraising and other important matters that have nothing to do sobriety, but a lot to do with keeping this forum alive. I do hope to steer the conversation in other directions soon, as I have much to share.

Mostly what I want to express right now is the gratitude I feel for so many of you who have provided support to others. I see you reach out your hand to new visitors, or those who are returning, often struggling with their situation and looking for answers. Without judgement--but instead, with compassion--you help lead them to a place that's not nearly so lonely.

Thank you for that.

The original intent of this forum, over nine years ago, was to support the program and book I wrote about a recovery program that worked really well for me and for others. But it has blossomed into much more than that. Some critics said I was foolish to allow others to promote different approaches; that it would distract from my message. But that sounded backwards to me. I felt the more we could learn about what helped each of us heal, the better for everyone.

So that is what we've done and I am very proud to have taken that position. Because as as result, we have a powerful, member-driven community that cares very deeply about one agenda only: getting healthy.

So thank you, every single one of you who has reached out to others and offered support. It means the world to me.

Warm regards,

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

A Message from RJ

Roberta Jewell;n2515964 wrote: A
    The original intent of this forum, over nine years ago, was to support the program and book I wrote about a recovery program that worked really well for me and for others. But it has blossomed into much more than that. Some critics said I was foolish to allow others to promote different approaches; that it would distract from my message. But that sounded backwards to me. I felt the more we could learn about what helped each of us heal, the better for everyone.

So that is what we've done and I am very proud to have taken that position. Because as as result, we have a powerful, member-driven community that cares very deeply about one agenda only: getting healthy.

I'm really glad you did. I think the pluralism of this site is one of the things that makes it work. Different strokes for different folks.
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

A Message from RJ

Thank you, RJ
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

A Message from RJ

Thank you RJ, this site has saved my life! I started off trying to moderate back in 2006 and now I have come full circle to abstinence. Thank you for this site.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

A Message from RJ

RJ I feel immense gratitude to you for all that you've done. Your ability to leave your ego at the door and allow the discussion of others plans is part of what has made MWO a success. I've seen other boards where there is a "my way or the highway" mentality and other plans or ideas are not open for discussion. A dogmatic and one-way-only approach may be what's best if making money is the only criteria behind the existence of the board, but this site is truly about saving lives.

I look forward to hearing about what new discoveries you've made and I look forward to MWO's return next week and having our "family" back together again. I'm grateful for the interim board to keep us all together, but this is where I will return. I don't want to lose the history here and MWO is where new people seem to come, looking for answers and support when they're at their lowest. I know that feeling because that was me a few years ago. :h

Comment

A Message from RJ

RJ, I'm a relatively newcomer to MWO and can only say THANK YOU for providing yet another tool for my toolbox! Getting and remaining sober is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do and I look forward to the day when you'll have more time on the threads to share your experiences! The past couple of weeks has been a bit crazy for you and Zack I'm sure, but one of the first things I learned in my recovery journey is that patience is indeed a virtue! The only thing in life that doesn't change, is the fact that everything changes, so, as the forum evolves and changes, I remember something my dad always said "the ox moves slow, but the earth is patient" I'm looking forward to experiencing all the changes in the next week, and I am one of the people who your email got through to! We're all in this together for the same reason!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
            X