Roos in Octsober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got our five star rating back!
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

I've read back and it seems yesterday some of us were weather-affected or just plain bloody teary. Well, let me tell you! I was puckinfathetic.

It was rooly rooly windy and wind does my head in. I needed to eat something because I've been eating really badly. Not eating bad food, in fact, what I do eat is really healthy as in a daily salad of lettuce/spinach/red onion/red pepper/feta but the only protein I seem to bother with is peanut butter. I just haven't 'fancied' anything so when yesterday I had an overwhelming urge to eat hot chips I decided to go to the pub for a countery. I didn't want chips from the fish'n'chips shop - I wanted chips as part of a proper meal, eaten with a knife and fork at a proper table. To be pub I drove only to be told "Nah, chef's not on today, sorry, she's under the weather". OK.

Drive home again and know that I've got oven chips in the freezer so pre-heat oven for 10 mins, whack in chips, walk down to the froghouse, wait 10 mins. walk back to the kitchen, turn chips for another 10 minutes, decide I need something with the chips, fry two bum nuts - not the most elegant of meals but it's what I wanted. Walk the plated culinary delight back to the froghouse where, unbeknown to me the chooks had walked in, left a present and I inelegantly skid on a freshly-laid chooky plop plop and flang the whole shiteree across the room.

I.totally.lost.the.plot. Screamed at the chooks "YOU FUSKING EAT IT THEN!" and sat on the edge of the bed and bawled like a tantrumating 2-year-old.

No wind today. Feeling much better, thank you.

Comment

Oh Tawny :hug::hug::hug:

I'm not surprised you had a bawl. I would have too. I hate those days when the Universe conspires against us, and owner what happened to all the brownie points I had earned before that.

Let us make you a metaphorical nest ...... hot chocolate on the side, and the remote next to it provides access to good music, DVDs and books .........
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Sometimes it's just an amalgam of shit that sets you off. The straw that breaks you. Or wind...

Glad you're feeling better x

Comment

Yep - much better today. It's funny - yesterday I totally wanted to get wasted but we all know, nothing good will come of that. A fact I was reminded of this morning when I read a headline which said "Bride-to-be 'becomes pregnant after sex with dwarf stripper at her hen's night ... ***shuddder***

Comment

Must've been something in that wind...had similar wtf thoughts myself...

Comment

Not wtf I shall run off with a dwarf stripper though...

Comment

Although I am in love with Peter Dinklage playing Tyrion Lannister

Comment

Aw my little Tawny one - damn those chickens and the poop they flew in on!
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

And also, seriously, what sort of fidiot has unprotected sex with a stripper on their hen's night? Sheesh!!!
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Night all.

Thanks for the company today.

I'm tucked in, thunder and rain all around. No wind as predicted. Hope everyone in the storm path is safe.

Tawny - did you set the fences?

Snacks out - fruit, nuts and rice crackers. I think there's a chunk of cheese in the fridge. I've hidden the 'good' tea bags because I've seen someone put milk in on top of said tea bag, which of course rooooons it!

Sleep tight, sweet dreams XX
                        Mother Theresa

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                          And also, seriously, what sort of fidiot has unprotected sex with a stripper on their hen's night? Sheesh!!!
                          That would be someone who is totally rotten drunk and knows not what they do.....yes?
                          Mother Theresa

Comment

Hello little ones. What a crap day Froglette. Hope you've hit the doona in preparation for a much better one tomorrow
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

A dwarf stripper you say? I miss my old confussed emoticon A LOT.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Well a certain myhappyplace has to clear her messages as I cannot send her behind the lounge communications until she does............
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X