Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nursie's New Journey

Hello my friends,
    Here is where my breast cancer journey begins. As most of you know, I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma on October 6.
    I will know more about my treatment after Wednesday. Today I see the plastic surgeon and Wednesday the oncologist.
    So far, they said I will need surgery and chemo.
    I am nervous and scared but determined to stay positive and my general smart-ass self to keep things light.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

we're with you every step of the way nursie!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nursie View Post
      I am nervous and scared but determined to stay positive and my general smart-ass self to keep things light.
      Of course you are, but that mindset will take you far. Thinking of you, sending hugs and support.
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Hi Nursie
        You are a brave lady - stay well
        By chance was just reading this:

"I will not let any situation permanently steal my smile.” – Even when times are tough, take a moment to pause and remember who YOU are. Take a moment to reflect on the things that have real and lasting meaning in your life. And then smile about how far you’ve come. Honestly, nothing in this world is more beautiful and powerful than a smile that has struggled through the tears. Any fool can be happy when times are easy. It takes a strong soul with real heart to develop smiles out of situations that make us weep. No matter how long it takes, it will get better. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.

Comment

Adding to your support Nursie!! Humor is the best medicine and I love your smart-ass self!!
          AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Thinking of you Nursie, and you are smiling!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I am thinking of you, Nursie.

Comment

Nursie - so very sorry to read this - please let us know how best we may help you, and happy to be on this journey to recovery with you - you are a determined lady and you will beat this. Lots of thoughts, prayers and great big:hug::hug::hug::hug:'s
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Nursie and the dreaded and overused "J" word...all jokes aside, wishing you well, hoping for the very best of outcomes for you x

Comment

I'm here too.

All the best Nursie. X

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thinking of you and wishing you strength, Nursie. Please keep us posted. Xo
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sending you loads of strength, support & wishing you the very best on your journey Nursie!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hugs, sweetheart. I wish there was more I could offer.
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Nursie I appreciate your help and support. If I can return it please let me.
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Thinking of you and sending best wishes, Nursie xx

Comment

Working...
                              X