Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10,000 posts! thought I'd record this one here so I know where to find it down the track.

10,000 posts and three years of not drinking. Through all sorts of "stuff" it has been so wonderful to have had MWO here for me. The content of most of my posts isn't D&M stuff, most of it is truly just throw away frivolity. But it all helped me to get to this point. Most of my posts have been in my home thread of the Undies, my reasoning that I spend too much time in 3D world throwing myself into too many things, so staying close to one thread has been the best thing for me.

Sometimes you get criticism for that and for the stupid posts or the idea that a strong home thread is like a clique, or a schoolgirl club. It's not - far from it. It is a massive support. I find the consistent threads here are most welcoming to newcomers, and offer support in so many ways, so if you're hesitating to make that number 1 post, find a thread you are drawn to, jump in and be assured of a warm welcome. That community will get you through some very tough times. And give you some wonderful friendships both online and in the real world.

That.is.all.

Except for this

:victorious::sohappy::congratulatory::newhere:

:woohoo2::celebrate::blowkiss:

:giggle:
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Congratulations Happs!

3 years off the turps is a phenomenal achievement. Bravo!

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

What a wonderful post Happs.
        And 3 years no booze. Even better.
        Wonderful.
        Thankyou for being a good friend.

Comment

Great going on 3 years mate! Yep the Aussies sure post a lot!

Comment

You ARE just sooooo splendiferously wonderful Happs. You share, you care, you give so much and you are such a sweetheart!

Thanks for all you give to MWO! You've made a very real difference in my world, and often when I've felt low you've just 'shown' up and cheered the life back into me.

Three years off the juice is amazing but NOT as amazing as YOU!!

Meant absolutely, positively, and so very sincerely.

LOVE YOU!!!!
            Last edited by nicelife; October 24, 2014, 01:01 AM.
            It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
            Mother Theresa

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
              Great going on 3 years mate! Yep the Aussies sure post a lot!
              That's because we love the sound of our own voices :love:
              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
              Mother Theresa

Comment

I know - I can even hear them across the Tasman!!

Originally posted by nicelife View Post
                That's because we love the sound of our own voices :love:

Comment

NOICE! :goodjob:
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Amazing mark of dedication and commitment to the process of recovery and support. I’ve not read all of your posts, but I suspect along the line you have helped many people here….3 years is an inspiration to newbies near and far. Congrats and onward to many more….
                    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

I agree with you MHP,when i first came to mwo i didn't know where to post so i kept starting threads,at first it did seem like most of the threads were their own little cliques and i felt intimidated but i sorta invited myself to the daily thread and steppers and with just sticking there it's been alot of help instead of floundering all over not really feeling connected to anybody ya know?great job on 3 years
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations on both counts! Three years AF and 10k posts is a huge accomplishment.

:balloons:

Comment

Working...
                        X