Undies in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy everyone!

Happy Sunday. Go forth - create havoc!! In a good way of course....

Missy - I'm in. I always wear my Fitbit. Love it!

No news. Sending blessings to you all.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning Undies and Hi to the Smileydude,

So ... which of the three fitbits are recommended? I can see this going the way of the Spurtles or the Yantra mats where we'll all want one ...

Comment

9,814 steps yesterday. Except I took it off when I went downstairs to get a coffee so I reckon I did 10,000 really!

Got up early to clean the deck before it got too hot. Dog I can't believe how clean it looks!! The property agent told us the stains were oil and that they hadn't been able to get them off. However, they came off in the first wash!!! Still only half way through, but my back needs a rest. This afternoon we are going BBQ shopping!!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I have s yantra mat for sale.......
          Mother Theresa

Comment

morning Tawny!

I've had the "One" in the past and I really liked it as it I could stick it anywhere on my clothes. This time I got a flex (partly because I'm involved in a study in which they are being used and I wanted to see what they were like) - anyway, I find it a bit irritating having something on my wrist all the time (consequently I take it off all the time and miss out on steps!!).

Right - off to do the next bit of the deck!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi everyone, I guess this is where I'll check in. There seems to be a ton of different threads to participate in, too many

I will eventually write an introduction. In short, I stopped drinking in 2007 and slipped for one night last year. I immediately went back to AA and haven't had any more slips.

This is my third fitbit. I got the Zip this time, it doesn't count stairs like the more expensive ones, but it seems sturdier and the clip is tighter than the other ones that I lost. I like the Zip.

My all time record for the past 3 years is 25K although I've yet to top 4k since getting the replacement on Wednesday. Walking for a half hour a day is my goal. I've reached it before, I'll reach it again

Comment

Welcome Smiley!!

Very happy you've joined us!!!
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Welcome smileydude!! Good on you for taking corrective action! 25k in a day is pretty impressive!:goodjob:
                  Last edited by Miss Behaving; November 1, 2014, 04:52 PM.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi Smiley dude - welcome!!

I've only got up to about 22k and it was hard going! 10k is doable daily me thinks.
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Oh - only because it takes times. Walking isn't that hard which should motivate us all👣
                      Mother Theresa

Comment

Well here's my dilemma ... Years ago I tried this with a simple pedometer which worked fine ... for a while. I think it worked by counting each step as your left foot 'thunked' on the ground. However, as I spend a fair bit of time hoonling round the paddock on my mower, it counted a 'thunk' each time I hit a bump thus giving a most ridiculous reading. I think some days I walked to Darwin and back. So, if I'm not prepared to take the thing off/on - how do I know this new gadget can tell the diff between me actually walking and not just being rattled around?

I guess if that's my biggest dilemma for the day I should be content.

Comment

Hey there Tawny. Maybe your thunk tracker is way too sensitive. I know the one I was given to track my GCC stuff would record way more than my Fitbit. Thousands more in fact. I reckon a thunk would be way more than, say, 20 steps but! 👨
                          Mother Theresa

Comment

I've got no water. All ok at around 8am but dry as a nun's now!

I notice s diggy machine loaded on the back of a big truck trundle by earlier. I reckon that's where the problem started! Not expected back on until 3pm......
                            Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning Undies, welcome Smileydude, nice to see you here.

OK, I'm up for purchasing a FB thingy. I've been thinking and the Frog is right about the accuracy of the pedometer. So, need to research some more. Nicey, I shall buy your yantra mat...

On the walking, we took the pup for a gentle walk this morning - did I mention $400 for the surgery? non? and now doing gentle exercise and eating special food. So three animals on special diets...ffs. Cats with crystal pee and a dog that vacuums up everything...

Seriously, I've been told I do have to walk more. We did a ten minute around the block, on the flat walk this morning and I'm so stuffed now I think I'll have a nana. Pfffttt!!

Comment

x-post Nicey...have you had your shower yet? filled the kettle? all the essentials?

Comment

Working...
                                X