No announcement yet.

Undies in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawny, I think the thing that has changed is the technology. I only know what I've ben told, but now they use accelerometers which use GPS and satellite points, and the speed with which you are logged is used to determine whether you are walking or running or in a form of transport.

Well, I haven't put me fitbit on today, but the deck looks amazing and my back and arm muscles are feeling it!!! Once Mr B wakes up after having been on night shift we shall go to buy BBQ, some out door furniture and some steaks and then I am going to snooze in the sun for the rest of the afternoon.

Happy - when a friend of mine was recovering from a serious illness, she hired a treadmill and set it up in front of her TV. She found it easier to stay on it if she was gripped by what she was watching!! It also had the advantage that she could jump on it several times a day for 10 mins at a time, and also that when she was tired she could slow it down completely.
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yes Missy. Best film I have seen in years!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Erm...that would be The Hundred-Foot Journey.
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

G'day Techster,

Yep - a lovely film with Helen Mirren putting in another stunning performance.

Comment

Hello my dear Undies.....I received my Fitbit in the the mail today. I'm still playing with it but will be back soon to stalk you all......
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hiya Nora ***waving wildly*** - this Fitbit Fad is going to be sooo much fun!

Comment

Happy - what sort of phone have you got? I think the new operating system has a pedometer on it

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hey Nora!!!! Great to see you here.

I had NOT had my shower, and it was/is hair wash day!!!! I had indeed filled my kettle. It's amazing what you can do with a bottle of water though. Can't venture out but...... Just reading and pottering about. I hadn't planned anything, but the minute you know you can't go anywhere there are 6,000 things you must do to.day!

Happy - $400 sounds relatively cheap me thinks. Poor little Molly.

Reading Tim Winton's Eyrie. Good! Love his stuff. Love the way wonderful words just roll together.

Is it odd I keep checking different taps? What the....if it's no work in loo it no work in laundry right!? I should just get it huh?
                  It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                  Mother Theresa

Comment

IPhones have an app but it's a pain to carry it attach it you! I reckon the little Fitbit thingy fir the belt or bra strap is great. I bought the wrist thing but couldn't stand the feel if it.
                    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Hey Nora - it's so lovely to see you here. Stalk away......
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Arvo folks...very lazy day...

On searching for fitbit there seems to be some loose cannons in the various electronic markets...will not purchase from this mob..

aggle.jpg

Missy, house is not big enough for a treadie unfortunately...its not big enough for 5 adults, two cats and a dog even...digging just keeps on progressing in the dungeon downstairs...I think Nicey could be right about the phone being a PITA but I might give it a whirl anyway.

And yep, Nicey $400 on a Friday night is cheap, our vet is half the price of most locals, it was just another "bloody hell, wtf" moment...

I'm doing some work today, trying to clear the decks for radiotherapy mapping tomorrow. Get my tatts but not pretty ones...that will be later...

Comment

Happy, the free app that comes with the i-phone is called "Health" and Mr B says that if you are using IOS 8 is will be automatically downloaded. He uses it all the time and reckons it is far superior to my fitbit :happy2:

One of the marquee features of Apple iOS is the new Health app, a single place where you can keep all your health information, including data from activity trackers like the Fitbit. It's a great idea, but getting started can be tricky.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Jeepers there are some strange peeps around this place. I can't begin to explain how glad I am to be an Undie.

Cos youse guys are kinda normal, ya know?

Well, in comparison......
                            Last edited by Glass Half Empty; November 2, 2014, 04:18 AM.
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

That's good to hear Glassy...well I think anyway :happy2: you haven't been dabbling in other sections have you?

Hey, can someone tell me if its wrong to eavesdrop on your kids talking to each other about sex? I need a guiding light here...

Comment

Missy, can you thank Mr B for me please? I'm busy updating and backing up phone ready for that new app...will report...

Comment

Working...
                                X