Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will someone call me on 11/16/14 in the a.m. to give me support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will someone call me on 11/16/14 in the a.m. to give me support?

Hi all,

Trying to quit again, after multiple attempts to quit AL again. Lots of excuses in my life to drink. Lots of knowledge/logic to NOT drink. Can't even recall what my reason was this morning, to NOT go on the wagon.

See, I need to. There has been life changes in my life recently. Yesterday, my husband was laid off. He works at my company, and the company prognosis in the long run is pretty dim. I thought to myself that "today was going to be the day", and then said 'fuck it'.

My health is suffering. I'm getting AFIB-type heart palpitations. I am shirking my day-to-day responsibilities. I'm being really mean to myself. I know I have to take action, and I know that when I'm sober I actually deal with stress BETTER than when I'm drinking and hiding from it. So this is my roll call for support. I have no one in my life to kick me in the arse tomorrow morning. My husband is a functioning alcoholic, like me. But I'm 8.5 years older than him, and it's really affecting me physically. My husband will continue to drink, and that's his choice—but it's difficult to abstain oneself if your partner is drinking, too.

There's a lot more to say, and I could free-associate for hours here, but I will cease and desist. But the original topic remains: will someone call me on 11/16/14 in the a.m. to give me support?

I live in Michigan, Eastern U.S. time. Please message me and I will give you my phone number. I just need an "atta boy" pat on the back to nudge me in the right direction.

Heartfelt thanks,

Nichau/Wendy
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Wendy, I live in NC so I thick you are an hour behind me. I will be happy to text you the morning! i usually hang out in the nest, feel free to join us over there, we have folks in their first days to keep you company. I will PM you with my phone number. You will never regret this decision to take your life back! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thank you, Byrd...my eyes are welling up from your kindness.

I'm on a 'dumb phone', so I cannot text, but just a quick call to say hello and "DO THIS TODAY" would really help.

I'm not a religious gal, but God bless you for your empathy.

P.S. You and I are both on Eastern Time in the U.S.
      "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

(Ironically, I'm listening to "Prairie Home Companion" on NPR right now—and for some serendipitous reason, Garrison Keillor is singing "You are my sunshine".) And you are. Thank you again.

—William A. Ward

Comment

I am happy to help! I sent a PM with my cell phone, just leave yours with me and you can bank on a Pep Squad call from me! There is strength in numbers! Xo
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Wow, I don't know you but just took a few minutes to read your past posts and immediately wanted to offer whatever I could to help..I'm sorry for what you are going through....I wish you the very best that you get through this and push through..I just saw that Byrdie reached out to you so you can't be in better hands, but sincerely hope you are OK
            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Thank you so much, See the Light. If you want to give me a call too, I would be most appreciative, but no pressure to call me...

I get all "babble-ly" when I drink, but other than that, no one notices, generally, as I am well spoken. Truth be told, I drink before I go to work every day. My commute is approx. 65 miles, one-way. And now the snow is falling. I have SO MUCH to do with my life, and I'm not doing squat.

Trust me, Byrd and See...just a voice from the abyss will truly help.

Thank you.

—William A. Ward

Comment

I got a notice my mailbox was full. I cleaned up some, im sorry if i missed something,
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

No worries, Byrdlady...I was just babbling anyway. G'night! :-)

—William A. Ward

Comment

Hugs Wendy. We are all here for you.
                    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                    :hug:

Comment

Thank you for your note this morning! Please call ME if I can help you....please join us in the nest, you will never be alone on this journey! We'll have your back! Hugs dear lady, B
                      Last edited by Byrdlady; November 16, 2014, 10:51 AM.
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Wendy- How is everything now?..sorry I missed your follow-up post last night...feel free to PM me if you still need help...you are not in this alone..hang in there
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Working...
                        X