Took my Antabuse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my Antabuse!

Thanks to all of you for your support yesterday. I was getting freaked out by the prospect of drying out today. I'm happy to report that I slept in a little just to pass the time until I could take my first Antabuse. Hooray!

Thanks again!
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Good morning Wendy, I'm glad to hear that- I came back to the forum today just to check on you!

"Plan your work, and work your plan"....
    1. Have alternate beverages ready- drink lots of water. If you need flavor, add fruit slices.
    2. Can you remove all alcohol from your house? I think your husband is still drinking, so you may not think that is possible... but can you make it harder to drink? i.e. take the beer out of the fridge so that if you want a beer, you would (logically) need to chill it first. That would give you time to pause, think about it, come to MWO and post... and then decide.
    3. When your body has been used to getting a sugar shot, and you won't be giving your body any sugar- you will have sugar cravings. Can you go to the store and get a sugar treat? i.e. ice cream, dark chocolate, greek yoghurt- tonight, if you have an overwhelming sugar craving, you want to be ready!

Hugs. You can do this, one hour at a time, one day at a time.

Think about your "WHY". Write down 3 or 4 top reasons why THIS time is YOUR TIME. Take the time to hand write it and post it on your refrigerator, on your bathroom mirror, on your car's window visor. Change your cell phone's wallpaper to something that is meaningful to you. Change your Facebook profile picture to something that whenever you see it, you remember WHY.

Hugs. :hug: Patty
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

YAY!
      I used to think that I would get sober when life got better....as it turned out, life got better when I got sober....go figure!
      Take that leap of faith, we will be right by your side!!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
      X