Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new and shiny Army thread

Good morning Army!

Lurkers, come and say hallo and stay for a chat.

Have a lovely day, everybody!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Good morning ShinyDreamydoooooooo and ShinyMollymoooooooo,
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Champion, you feeling brighter.

S&H booked a holiday for him and his GF as their joint Chrimbo pressie..........3 nights at the Raddison Blu, Disneyland in January...........their excitement sort of rubbed off on me.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

morning shiny people.

Comment

Morning ShinyRoxxxy,

I took the kids when they were 11 & 10 with a bunch of Mammies from school for an early Christmas...............think us adults enjoyed it more.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

never been, not my cup of tea.

Comment

Morning army not long awake either and its fecking raining again. Never been to Disney world either not sure if I would enjoy at this age and no one to go with so doubt I would get there. Might be nice to try it one.

Comment

Morning Foxxy are you shiny?

I just suspended adult hood at the gates.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Molly, you've had the glums for a long time now, and you keep trying all sorts of things including faking it till you make it and still not getting there. Any chance of seeing somebody to perhaps get something to make you feel better? Or just to talk?

Disney does not get me excited. Cathedrals and art museums and old cemetries do, though. Old things, old places.
                  14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

just called tha oddjob man (that in itself is amazing), ring tone was odd and when he answered he said he was in lanzarote. nice! and typical............oops there goes my doom and gloom nothing i ever try to do goes right mentality. CBT CBT CBT.

molly, sugar does give ups and lows, you know the score when you stop it and you did pig on it yesterday. added to how you are generally feeling anyway........

when i feel like shit, i tell myself 'at least im this' or im grateful for that' . yes, it could be worse. shit happens, feeling shitty happens. hard to do sometimes, but it helps take the focus off all the shit, even for a bit and that makes it less shit. IYKWIM.

Comment

I love old cemeteries.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

have you also thought that the chronic pain youve had wont help your underlying mood?

are you having the what nows? is this it?...maybe?

Comment

Now tell me, Molls..............why the fear of anti-depressants.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ach Mollls you know what I'm like about mental health......its one of my soap box things.........tell some people you've got depression and on anti'ds they look at you like you're going to come after them with an axe.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Absolutely, Molls...........misinformation............they're not 'happy' pills.

Funny that when I was off sick my doc used to put depression/anxiety on my sick notes...........one day if put alcohol misuse as well...............I hadn't noticed and at the time couldn't have given a flying fuck so just sent it in..................now I'd never had a phone call, a visit or a card from the place.........must have been away 12 weeks by then...........when that sick note dropped on my bosses lap he was here before lunchtime.............with it being a wine merchant I still get an odd feeling that he was frightened shitless I sue them.

Must go and get busy in the kit hen.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; November 17, 2014, 07:00 AM.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X