X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in a foul mood.

Comment

Evening.
      General foul moodness or a specific something that has caused foul moodness, Roxxy.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

evening again

Comment

Well had me a little bittersweet experience today.

Comment

Yo Satz,
            Do tell.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by roxane View Post
              in a foul mood.
              You alright chicken? Gidd it eh?

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Well had me a little bittersweet experience today.
              Do tell...
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I had twins prematurely @26 weeks in 1977 just after we married.
                In those days they did not try to resuscitate them at that age and so they were taken away to be me buried in The Angel's Plot. I was 22 and thick.

I thought all these years that they were all just stillborns in there unnamed. Heard they were re-vamping the cemetery and all babies were registered:
                So emailed - and got this back today:

I have the records here for your baby boys, both of whom are buried in IJ 29.5 St Patricks Section. The date they were buried was 10/10/1977. I can send the records on to you by email if you so wish, and if you gave them Christian names, I can put them in on the records too, we were only supplied with surnames from the maternity hospitals.

If you wish to visit the grave, you can come in to museum reception with the above grave number and we will direct you to the grave. You can also mark the grave with a marble heart plaque or teddy bear if you so wish and I can send you details of how you do this at a later stage.

Regards,

Lynn
                Genealogy Research
                Last edited by satz123; November 20, 2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

That must have come as quite a shock but a good one I think? Struggled to find the right word but 'good' is all I can come up with.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Oh my goodness me Satz, you and Mr S were only bairns yourselves..................certainly bitter sweet and how things have changed in just our life time.

How are you,love?
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm fine. Did shed a tear for the 22 year old with not a clue.
                      For the inhumane way they took them away without me seeing them
                      Some guilt for feeling a bit relieved- as I was not ready to look after 2 babies.

Water under the bridge....

Comment

Times have certainly changed................good grief when I look back at the 22 year old me..........all I was worried about was.............well nothing.

Edit: Away to the settee...........we'll sort out your foulness tomorrow, Roxxxxxxy.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; November 20, 2014, 04:19 PM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Molly and all!

So sad to hear about the babies, Satz. I suppose the hospital staff in those days thought that taking the babies away immediately would make it easier for the parents. I hope you and Mr S decide to visit the graves. Closure, perhaps? (Another word I dislike, but still use.)

Rox - any better today?

It's Friday, the wind has died down, I'm going to take Sweetest Puppy for a looooooooooooooooong walk (thanks for the borrowed oooooooooooos, JC) and then let nose make contact with grindstone.

14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Morning campers.
                            Thanks for the kind words my loverlies
                            So long ago about babies.
                            We never discussed it - Irish men don't. Well mine for sure doesn't.
                            Mr S was not there that day - and I came out and it was never discussed - but that's ok.
                            Probably better in hindsight it is left in the past-dwelling on these things does no good for anyone.

Yes Dreams I will visit the grave - have been threatening to do the tour in this particular place fr years now.
                            So many famous historic people + my 2 are buried there.
                            http://www.glasnevintrust.ie/

Is Rox out of her slump I wonder ?
                            Last edited by satz123; November 21, 2014, 01:54 AM. Reason: Shit spelling

Comment

off to work :llama:

Comment

morning.

as JC said, how things have changed within our lifetime. they are at least trying to put some of it right now. which can be upsetting all over again, but for 'better' reasons.

still narked.

Comment

Working...
                                X